Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A few words about drivers.

A few words about drivers.

There has been quite a few postings about Win 7 driver availability.So I thought I would let you all know what I know about it.

E-MU driver development for all E-MU products is in progress. We are about to finalize and release Windows 7 drivers and a new PatchMix for our PCI/PCIe products.

We are about to release a Mac Snow Leopard Beta driver for our USB audio products,.

Then we will release a Beta driver for Windows 7 for our USB audio products soon after.

When we have, and release new updates or beta drivers. We will announce in various places such as these forums, the Unofficial E-MU Forums, our Facebook fanpage, our website, and our newsletter.

We do not know how long it will take to finish development and testing, and often times issues found during testing cause more development work and testing to be done.
    I know you have all heard this before, but it is true.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 11-01-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Re: A few words about drivers.

Casey_E-MU wrote:

We are about to release a Mac Snow Leopard Beta driver for our USB audio products,.

Then we will release a Beta driver for Windows 7 for our USB audio products soon after.
    The Snow Leopard beta driver was released almost 3 months ago, yet we still don't have the Windows 7 beta driver for USB products. ?Has it been scrapped, or do we just have vastly different interpretations of the word "soon"?
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 11-01-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Re: A few words about drivers

Dali71,

This message was posted in June.
    Since this posting we have posted a beta PCIe drivers for WIN 7, We have released the MAC beta for our USB audio devices. and currently the WIN 7 USB drivers are one of our top priorities.

As was stated in th post: "We do not know how long it will take to finish development and testing, and often times issues found during testing cause more development work and testing to be done."

I can assure you we are working as fast as we can, but we want to make sure that what ever we put out, even in beta, is as stable and problem free as possible.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 11-01-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Re: A few words about drivers.y

Has the Windows 7 driver for 0404|USB been released? Can you provide an update?

Also, I would like to be able to use the device on Windows Server 2008 R2. I tried to install the Vista driver, but it complains that

---------------------------
    Error
    Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this Setup program.
    Setup will exit.
    OK
    --------------------------
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 11-01-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Re: A few words about drivers.K

The Windows 7 USB Beta Driver has been released as of 10/20/2010.

You can now find it on our BETA page:

http://connect.creativelabs.com/emu/default.aspx

Thank you

Casey
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 11-01-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Re: A few words about drivers.?

It seems that 3 months have passed since the release of the Beta drivers for Win7/64 bit, and there appears to be no further news on when the official driver will become available. Reading many forums on the web, it seems like many people are still experiencing problems with the Beta drivers. Even on the E-MU site itself, there is a big disclaimer warning users not to use the driver in a production environment.

I am in the process of choosing an audio interface for my project studio. Whilst the hardware seems sound, I am extremely concerned that there appears to be very little support or confirmation of timeframes forthcoming for the official driver release. Even new driver revisions appear not to be coming thick and fast. This seems to therefore place E-MU at a significant disadvantage against its competitors.

As a result, I am extremely reluctant to purchase an E-MU product at this point, since investing in a 'professional' product should not feel like I'm buying a 'use at your own risk' purchase on ebay. This is a huge shame, since I have enjoyed using E-MU products since my e6400 sampler unit from over 15 years ago. From what I have read, the E-MU hardware quality is still of a high standard, but if it's let down by poor glitchy drivers, the overall solution would still not be an acceptable option.

If you can provide a further update on the driver development situation, that would be very much appreciated. Otherwise I may need to look elsewhere.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 11-01-2011 at 01:34 PM.

I'm thinking the same thing! I just switched to Windows 7 and my card (which was squirrely in its previous environment) is just simply screwed up now! When the product works, I love it but every so often I had to reload the drivers and DSP application because the card would just decide to kick the driver off of the system WTH!!!

I think what is most most frustrating is the "no communication" policy that companies like Creative have adopted. Very chicken **bleep**! You have a forum that doesn't cover every issue, it would be nice to speak to tech support to get some direct answers!

I'm thinking Presonus and I think I may influence others to do the same! I am in a movie production school right now and unfortunately, I can't recommend E-MU because it is so **bleep** unreliable and has been from the day of purchase!

Get it together guys!

Development issues are a lot easier to accept if you can at least talk to a live person rather that wasting time scanning forums that don't have the answer!

Contributor

@ Casey_E-MU

Quote:
    "E-MU driver development for all E-MU products is in progress. We are about to finalize and release Windows 7 drivers and a new PatchMix for our PCI/PCIe products."

Does that mean it will come out a new driver for sound card? It would be nice!!! Thanks!!!

Greetings from Serbia
    Tobra

What's messed up is that you and I have responded to a post from January! The drivers and apps are out and they still don't work apparently.

THERE ISNT EVEN A DRIVER FOR THE PRODIKEYS USB MIDI KEYBOARD FOR XP!!!