Thread: *** [BLANK Subject] ***

OSB XFI Titanium Dolby Digital Live Volume Controls not working windows 7 64 BIT

OSB XFI Titanium Dolby Digital Li've Volume Controls not working windows 7 64 BIT All

I recentely installed a SB XFI Titanium in my Windows 7 64 bit system. The main reason to buy this card was to upmix a stereo MP3 track in winamp to 5. digital out. I use Dolby Digital Li've for this and works great except for one thing! My volume controls in windows are not working anymore when I move the slider up or down the volume won't change. The strange thing is that when I move the volume slider in Winamp the volume goes up and down, also when I move the slider of the winamp control in the volume panel of windows it works. But when the main volume control is moved nothing happens. My keyboard has 2 buttons to move the main volume up or down, these don't work anymore. Hope you have a solution to this very annoying problem!

thanx
    Patrick

Re: SB XFI Titanium Dolby Digital Live Volume Controls not working windows 7 64 BITX

SI think the volume control doesn't work because it's passing control to the DDL drivers. ?If you think the winamp thing is strange, the "what you hear" volume control will adjust the volume.

The solution is for Creative to fix the pass through. ?If the EQ, bass and treble controls work the volume should also.

Re: SB XFI Titanium Dolby Digital Live Volume Controls not working windows 7 64 BIT?

Thanx. I hope somebody from Creative is reading this because this functionality is really needed!!! I saw in other threads that a lot of people have issues with this. CREATIVE: Will it be fixed in the next release of the drivers?

Re: SB XFI Titanium Dolby Digital Live Volume Controls not working windows 7 64 BIT?

It would be nice to have this problem fixed in the next release, I been waiting for this fix for a number of years now.

?

Trusted Contributor

Re: SB XFI Titanium Dolby Digital Live Volume Controls not working windows 7 64 BIT

Has this been resolved?