Thread: Blasterkey MP3 Keyboard

Blasterkey MP3 Keyboard?

I have a Creative BlasterKey MP3 Keyboard. I've had this for years and have since changed my computer several times. The computer I currently have does not have a serial port to plug in the device. Are there any types of connectors that might enable me to use this keyboard on my current computer. Also it has Windows XP and would it work even if I find a connector? I appreciate your help. Thank you. Sharon

Trusted Contributor

Re: Blasterkey MP3 Keyboard?

I have no idea what requirements a BlasterKey MP3 keyboard has. If all you are looking for is a way to establish a serial connection with your computer, have you considered buying a DE9 to USB adapter? These cables are very cheap.

Re: Blasterkey MP3 Keyboard2

Actually I found ad DB 5 because it's a 5 pin, but I didn't order it becauseI wasn't certain it would work. The current cable connects right into a sound card and I wasn't certain that it wold work if just plugged into a usb port. I guess might as well buy it and try it. Thanks for your help.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Blasterkey MP3 KeyboardB

So you are looking for a way to connect a MIDI interface to your computer, not a serial device. It is a different problem. There are a few ways to establish a connection between MIDI devices and a computer. I found this document that may help you taking a decision:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/article/39-how-do-i-connect-a-midi-keyboard-to-my-computer-.html

Hope this hel

ps.

Re: Blasterkey MP3 Keyboardm

Thank you for that article. It was very helpful. I believe that gave me the answer to what I need.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Blasterkey MP3 Keyboard

You are welcome.