Since last week I have put back the Soundblaster Audigy because I'm very tired to use the Titanium HD and reinstall the card every 2 PC starts... I will install it on my PC when Creative will release a working driver or give us a little of good troubleshooting.
I have exactly the same problems as people described in this thread. I am using the latest XFTI_PCDRVBETA_US_2_17_0008C.exe driver on the following hardware configuration:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1 and the latest updates
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
AMD Phenom II X4 905
6 GB of RAM DDR3 @ 669MHz
MB Gibabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H
Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850 video card
RunCore Pro V 2.5" SATA III SSD - 120GB
Seagate ST95005620AS 500 GB (Hybrid HDD)
I would appreciate if Creative would so something about it and stop ignoring the issues customers have.
I'm using Daniel K's 2.5 Support Pack. Drivers still fail to load at start-up on an intermittent basis. As suggested before, I uninstall the card via Device Manager (do not click the option to remove drivers), rescan Sound Devices for Changes, drivers are reinstalled. All profiles are saved. One has to go through the launch console to reload settings for whatever mode you will be using.
Update from me: been using the SBXF_PCDRVBETA_US_2_18_0015A Beta drivers for the last couple of months without issue... until today...
Booted up as normal and lo and behold, SPDIF is back! Hooray!
No hardware or software changes occurred last night that might have prompted SPDIF to come back.
System as follows:
AMD X6 1055T @ 3.6GHz
2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 (@ 1504MHz 8-8-8-20)
Dell PERC5i with 3x320GB R0 array, 2x500GB R0 array and 2x1TB R1 array
Creative X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
Off to uninstall the Beta drivers, reboot and then reinstall the Beta drivers.
Will post back if that doesn't work.
After uninstalling and reinstalling,at the same time please update the drivers
God never made his work for man to mend vmware_happy.gif
Your chasing your tail with the changing drivers to "fix" the problem of the drivers not loading at Windows start. The best advice so far is to simply got to Device Manager, Sound, Creative XXXXXX, right click, Uninstall Device (do not check delete drivers), right click Sound, Scan for Hardware Changes, let Windows "find" the Creative card & reload drivers. Reset your audio settings.
Two things going against most of us, 1) EOL'd cards that are still viable; 2) Creative's inability to write a proper Win 7 driver.
Good product, lousy support.
Find some drivers that give you your best sound & do the Device Manager trick when the drivers don't load. That's about the best!
Same problem as everyone else, but I am running 2 SATA 3 HDDs RAID 0. This is very fast and therefore points to the drivers loading too fast to configure themselfs.
The trouble all started last year when I decided to upgrade my Windows XP, NF4 system to Windows 7 Home 64-bit. That was when I found out Creative knew of the popping, cracking sound problem if you had 4 GB or more of memory...no fix for this and many people tried. Creative did too because Vista was out when this all started and they could not fix the issue. Really that is a dead issue now for the most part. This year I decided to build a new system and use my X-Fi Gamer card that I loved so much in the past. I have always ran RAID 0 systems, so I got 2 fast SATA 3 HDDs, i5 2500K, 8 GB of 2133 MHz ram and a Biostar TZ68A+. Windows 7 Home 64-bit loaded without any issues, so I loaded the card's drivers and all was well at first. Every now and then the drivers would not load at boot and I would have to shut the system down, reboot would not work most of the time, to get the drivers to load. Sometimes it took 2 or 3 tries to get them to load.
I have read this entire thread and have a much greater insight into the problem and some of the work arounds to try. Thanks Sailindawg for the quick fix next time it happens. I am using PAX drivers right now with the same results as the Creative Beta drivers. I was thinking of adding an SSD to my system as cache, but I'm going to wait for now to see if Creative comes up with a permanent fix.
Last edited by KnifesEdge; 04-03-2012 at 05:53 PM.
This keeps happening to me!
I have the PCI X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro series card.
2x X-25M G1's in RAID0
8GB of RAM on a Rampage Extreme Motherboard with QX9650 CPU and Win 7 x64 with SP1
This is REALLY ANNOYING!
Please fix this issue Creative!
Using the latest (September 2011) 2.18.0015 drivers!