Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound dissapears on sytem startup (SSD related)

Re: Sound dissapears on sytem startup (SSD related)

Tried to load all the software at the end of drive partition did not work. Problem is I cannot control where the drivers are loaded. They need to be loaded in the x86 folder and that is on the C: partition of the drive. I will probably buy an ASUS sound card unless Creative comes up with a fix soon.

Works every time for me after shutting down PC (not turning off power (PSU) switch), then powering back on.

It is time that Creative rolls out a new Sound Drivers compatible for SSD's. Seriously!
    It's too f**king annoying to do all this "work around" horesh*t almost every d*mn day. nVidia are rolling out new graphic card Drivers each 2-3 months. Asus updates regularly their motherboards, graphic card Web-Cams etc., AMD are rolling out new graphic cards each month, Apple rolls out new software Drivers when possible or needed. Creative is the one who updates Applications/Drivers/Firmware when it SUITS them and uses many months and years to release. This is bad business, man!

I was actually thinking about buying a new card from Creative, but, in fact, that I am to sceptical since their support(s) sucks so badly. I'm still waiting for a new Sound Drivers for my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum hardware that still works like a charm EXCEPT for the Sound Drivers, of course. All they have is a Beta Driver that came out since 16 September 2011 and doesn't resolve a thing.

NEW SOUND DRIVERS ARE NEEDED!

Contributor

heh, great... now i know why i randmoly lose my sound - just read through all the 37 pages hoping for a fix

got an xtreme music here and a crucial m4 ssd

im free to test any debug drivers or anything in order to resolve this issue

anybody ever bothered daniel_k with this? he mite have an idea how to fix it?
    Last edited by gaga11; 04-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.

I have given up. Bought an ASUS PCI 5.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR_DG. I would love to use my X-Fi Gamer, but I am sick and tired of having to restart or shut down my computer and reboot it to get the sound to come back! NEVER will I buy from Creative again. This is the second time I have been burned by them and their lack of driver support.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by KnifesEdge View Post
    I have given up. Bought an ASUS PCI 5.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR_DG. I would love to use my X-Fi Gamer, but I am sick and tired of having to restart or shut down my computer and reboot it to get the sound to come back! NEVER will I buy from Creative again. This is the second time I have been burned by them and their lack of driver support.

also been looking at the xonar dx and xonar dg as replacement but im afraid sound wont be as good as it is right now with the xtreme music

i listen to music alot, love the cmss3d that upmixes mp3s to 5.1.
    further more im a gamer, love playing bf3 and it should be just as good as the xtreme music to locate enemies

Installed my new ASUS PCI 5.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR_DG in my computer today and I cannot tell a difference between the X-Fi Gamer and the XONAR DG when gaming. If there is any difference at all it is the bass is a bit less, but I have not played with the settings too much yet and I think I will be able to add some more bass. Nice card for the money...only 16 after 10 rebate. So sad Creative cannot get it together and keep long time customers like myself, bought my first Creative Sound Card about 15 years ago. The X-Fi was my last Creative card I will ever buy. They have great products, but very poor support.

Contributor

are u using 5.1 speakers? have u tried the upmix option?

ty

I can speak for myself and some local/work/LAN MP friends (about 20 of us) suffering from this same issue. I was the first to put out the bucks for the Xonar. Glad I did. Not one single problem since ditching my X-FI Gamer. My friends have various versions...pci/pci-e X-FI cards. All basically have headaches since going SSD. Now they are shelving them and going for Xonar.

A few are sticking with onboard sound since they will be upgrading to new Z77 boards anyway and will see if they are happy with the onboard on those rigs (Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H & Z77MX-D3H, MSI Z77A-GD65). I am going to be upgrading to the Z77 chipset but I want to wait 3 months or so for bugs to get worked out...if any. lol

I can say I was cool with my onboard sound. Really could not tell. Friend has same guts so we set them up side by side using my 5.1 high end speakers and we both could not tell. Music and gaming was no different. I guess I bought the Xonar as an experiment more than a need to have it. But it FREAKIN' WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY TIME!

I have to say Creative...I have been a loyal customer since my old Sound Blaster 16 ISA slot card but I am throwing in the towel. If it comes down to SSD or X-FI then SSD is going to win every time. I will stay tuned to this thread since I do computer repair and have clients and want to help them if it comes up but personally I have had enough. I am amazed there isn't a class action lawsuit by now. Not trying to be mean. I seriously wonder!
    Last edited by soundz; 04-12-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: grammar correction

Trusted Contributor

Have you contacted Creative customer support?