Thread: Creative ASIO Pops and Clicks

Contributor

reative ASIO Pops and Clicks

I have a new problem now with the Creative ASIO. When I use it with my digital audio workstation I get these horrible popping and clicking noises while the song is playing. Is there any way to fix this? I have Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium on Windows 7 64-bit.
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 11-08-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Uber Guru

Re: Creative ASIO Pops and Clicks

Corlen wrote:
    I have a new problem now with the Creative ASIO. When I use it with my digital audio workstation I get these horrible popping and clicking noises while the song is playing. Is there any way to fix this? I have Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium on Windows 7 64-bit.
    There are many possible HW related culprits for this issue so, computer specs might be helpful (motherboard model, graphics setup (SLI?), etc.).

Does it pop when you use other driver models (MME, DS, WDM, KS, WASAPI)?

If it's Cubase you're using as DAW software then, try by disabling "Lower Latency" -option.

Couple suggestions:
    1st to check out is the ASIO latency buffer setting ... for playback it can be set around 50-00ms.
    2nd to check if the system is ready for realtime audio - http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
    3rd to check the I/O buffer settings fore read/write data (DAW feature)

jutapa
    Last edited by Loi-XCL-; 11-08-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Contributor

Re: Creative ASIO Pops and Clicksy

I can only use ASIO in Cubase because Steinberg is a Nazi about that apparently. I have these dropouts no matter what setting I set the latency to on the ASIO, I believe. I tried disabling the lower latency option and the song I have open starts skipping like a bad CD. LOL? I tried the latency checker that you suggested and my computer failed but only every so often, most of the time the latency was very low but sometimes when the song popped and clicked it also failed but not always. Looks like I'm going to have to maybe get my hands dirty and experiment with my hardware to find out what's causing this problem.

Contributor

Re: Creative ASIO Pops and Click

Looks like Cubase and my sound card are back at freezing my computer up again... sigh...