Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7

Trusted Contributor

Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7)u

This CD is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.
    < Compiled and Updated on March 08th, 2011 by Jelges >

All files are property of Creative Technology Ltd, unless otherwise noted.

This CD supports any model of the following Sound Blaster cards:

- Audigy

- Audigy 2

- Audigy 2 ZS

- Audigy 4

Supported Operating Systems:

- Windows 7/Server 2008 R2

- Windows Vista/Server 2008

- Windows XP/Windows XP x64 Edition/Media Center Edition/Server 2003

- Windows 2000

- Windows Me (Driver available seperately)

- Windows 98 SE (Driver available seperately)

It is updated from an official CD but is unofficial and not supported by Creative Technology Ltd.

Included in the Installation Disc:

- Driver 2.18.007.7 (18 March 2010) mod Driver (working CMSS2/Stereo Surround/fixed low volume bug)
    - ALchemy 1.43.01
    - Audio Center 1.00.09 (only for Windows Vista/7 if CMSS3D is available on SB Audigy)
    - Audio Console 1.33.0
    - Graphic Equalizer 2.10.01
    - Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.00.06
    - DDL and DTS Connect License Activation 2.00.03
    - Diagnostics 5.11.02
    - DTS Connect Pack 1.03.10
    - DVD-Audio Player 2.00.78
    - EAX Console 3.00.60 (only available in Windows Vista/7 if MediaSource 3.30.28 gets installed)
    - EAX Settings 1.20.01
    - Entertainment Center 5.10.21
    - Karaoke Player 2.11.08
    - Media Toolbox 5.10.02
    - Software AutoUpdate 1.40.04
    - SB Performance Utility 1.00.09 (only available for PCMCIA Cards)
    - Smart Recorder 2.40.20
    - Sound Blaster Plugin for Media Center x86: 3.11.02 / x64: 3.21.02
    - SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.02
    - Speaker Calibrator 1.60.14 (not available in Windows Vista/7)
    - Speaker Settings 2.10.01
    - Surround Mixer 4.00.72
    - System Information 1.10.14
    - THX Setup Console 2.10.43
    - Vienna SoundFont Studio 2.40.73
    - Volume Panel 2.21.13
    - WaveStudio 7.12.00
    - WaveStudio 6.10.13

Optional In Dir Installs

- EAX Console 3.00.60 (optional for Windows Vista/7, needs CMS3 to be installed before) \Audio\EAXCon
    - MediaSource 3.30.28 (complete with all plugins) *)
    - Audio Center 1.00.09 (only for Windows Vista/7 if CMSS3D is available on SB Audigy)? \Audio\AudCtr

Additional software:

- MediaSource 5.26.02 (complete with all plugins)

Release Notes:

Windows Security warning during driver installation

When prompted with: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software", choose "Install this driver software anyway".

Known issues:

For known issues and install instructions refer to the ReadMe.txt in the root directory of the image.

Filename: SB_INSTALL. ISO

Size: 628 MB

CRC32: B0EC2BFD

MD5: E87802575EECD2F60D653F6D28BDD841

SHA-1: D11C01F845693A02B1FFC819D7915A257420E922

Creative MediaSource 3 recompiled Install Disc
    This CD is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.
    < Compiled and Updated on March 08th, 2011 by Jelges >

Supported Operating Systems:

- Windows 7/Server 2008 R2

- Windows Vista/Server 2008

- Windows XP/Windows XP x64 Edition/Media Center Edition/Server 2003/Server 2003 x64

- Windows 2000

- Windows Me

- Windows 98 SE

It is updated from an official CD but is unofficial and not supported by Creative Technology Ltd.

Included in the Installation Disc:

Creative MediaSource 3.30.28
    - Player/Organizer 3.30.28
    - MediaSource CD-ROM Burner Component 3.10.18
    - Creative MediaSource Go! 3.10.17
    - MediaSource Detector 3.00.19
    - MediaSource MiniDisc Plugin 1.00.58
    - Creative MediaSource RemoteControl Component 2.30.02
    - Creative MediaSource Player Skin Pack 1.00.08
    - Creative Music Store Plugin 1.00.13

Known issues:

For known issues and install instructions refer to the ReadMe.txt in the root directory of the image.

Filename: CMS3_INSTALL.iso

Size: 116 MB

CRC32: 29958693

MD5: 8B3A17ABBC16A838658092CFD30613D1

SHA-1: 85944DB3F8B878BEA48A0175D485CAEBFE0C026C

Also included in download:

- Windows 98 SE/Windows ME Driver

Download links (including all files):

Links: (3 parts)

1st part: http://hotfile.com/dl/143900392/0ada...part1.rar.html

2nd part: http://hotfile.com/dl/143904385/ba8c...part2.rar.html

3rd part: http://hotfile.com/dl/143908295/648a...part3.rar.html

To verify the file hashes, You can use HashTab. When it is installed You find it in Properties if You right click on a file.

HashTab: http://implbits.com/Products/HashTab.aspx

If there are any questions or comments leave a Private Message or post in this thread.

Jan 27 2012, 04:52 AM CET
    -------------------------------------
    Jelges

Have fun and enjoy the Discs. Please leave feedback.

Best regards and greetings to all, Jelges
    Last edited by Jelges; 01-27-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: links updated

Trusted Contributor

Re: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc?

I added Recovery Information to the RAR Archives, so they are repairable if there are any errors !!!
    Last edited by Jelges; 03-06-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7)N

Hi,

Just tried this out today, and it works great, just like it used to be (all the applications are back)! Tested on a Windows XP SP3 PC and for the time-being I couldn't find any issues. Works great for music, movies and games. Perhaps one of the best unofficial install CD for the Audigy in years.

This thread should be stickied, because this install disc in my opinion can really help people who have problems with their Audigy soundcard, especially if they are missing the old applications that were included with the older official drivers/install disc. I guess the >4 GB memory issue (for x64 OS) is still there, since this is still based on the latest official Audigy drivers, right? If the > 4GB is fixed, this would have been perfect.

Any way, Kudos! Well done!
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7)?

Hi CTman, I use it on a machine with 8 GB RAM with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. It works fine with my SB Audigy 4 Pro as well as with my SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro.

Best regards, Jelges

Re: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7)?

Dear Jelges,

Part and part 3 are corrupted. Please fix and upload again.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7)

@Jelges

Then it's confirmed that the >4GB problem is fixed. Well, that's great! I have checked the driver's date and it's the 8 march 200 driver, then CL have fixed the driver themselves? Because I can't imagine that this kind of problem would be fixed without touching the kernel/source code of the driver. Anyway, if I have time this weekend I may test it myself on an other PC with >4GB and Windows 7 x64.

And may I also ask are all the applications that were available for Windows XP also become available for Windows 7 x32 and x64. Creative Labs' Audigy drivers for Windows 7 only have the audio console for configuring the soundcard and that's pretty limited.

Jelges has put a recovery record in the 3 parts rar files, so you can fix the st and 3rd rar files with Winrar by using "repair". On the other hand, more mirrors for these files would be handy, since hotfile is pretty slow.
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Trusted Contributor

@ hoaitrung
    Yes, that's right. I've put recovery information in the archi'ves.
    Does that work for You? Please send feedback.
    I will check the files again?in the next few days.
    ook at the features list in the first post for compatability of applications and issues are listed in the readme.txt in root directory of the image.

EDIT:added a part download option.
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 04:52 PM.

@Jelges,

The option link is too slow! Waiting for good file in faster link such as mediafire...:smileyvery-happy:

Re: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7) ?

So, do you want to start it all over again?

Remember this?

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-...200/m-p/556929

Don't you ever learn?

GET LOST FOREVER !!!

THIS CD IS NOT UPDATED FROM AN OFFICIAL CD IS A RIP OFF FROM MY ALL-IN-ONE AUDIGY CD.
    ?
    MY ALL-IN-ONE AUDIGY CD IS UNIQUE, IS THE ONLY MULTI PRODUCT INSTALLATION CD EVER COMPILED, IT INCLUDES MANUALS FOR ALL AUDIGY CARDS EVER RELEASED AND TOOK ME MONTHS TO FIND THEM ALL AND TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE SETUP WORKS.

b]YOU DON'T EVEN GIVE ANY CREDIT TO ME FOR USING THE MODIFIED DRIVER AND APPLICATIONS TAKEN FROM MY SUPPORT PACK 3.8. THIS PROVES THAT YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO HELP, YOU ARE TRYING TO GET ATTENTION BY USING SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK.[/b]

YOU'VE JUST UPDATED IT WITH A FEW NEWER VERSIONS OF SOME APPS, THAT IS ALL.

THE DRIVER AND CORE APPLICATIONS THAT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE USER'S EXPERIENCE ARE MY WORK NOT YOURS.

IF MY MODIFIED DRIVER / APPLICATIONS IMPROVE OR FIX SOMETHING,IS BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT MY TIME RESEARCHING, ANALYZING AND MODIFYING THEM.[/u] IS IT CLEAR ENOUGH?

daniel_k wrote on 05/26/200:
    Sure, Creative Software is NOT my property, I KNOW THAT, but credits for the customized versions are MINE.

Have you ever seen someone stealing or re-releasing the Omega Drivers? NO.

The drivers from ATi and NVIDIA are property of their respecti've companies, but no one did that.

This is the EXACT SAME SITUATION.
    WANT TO [/u]"HELP"[/u] OTHERS DOING YOUR OWN CD COMPILATION?

GREAT, BUT START FROM SCRATCH!

DO IT LIKE ROBERT McCLELLAND AND HIS PAX DRIVERS

CDS.

HE DID NOT[/u] COPY MY PROJECT AND HE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS!!!

THERE IS ALSO A GUY WHO UPDATES AUZENTECH CDs WITHOUT MESSING WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK.

IF ME AND THOSE MODDERS DON'T STEAL EACH OTHER, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT AND THAT I SHOULD SIMPLY ACCEPT IT?
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Soundblaster Audigy Series recompiled / Updated Install Disc / CD (Windows 98 SE - Windows 7)2

Daniel, first of all, I have to thank you very much for your work. Without you, I couldn't still use my Audigy2 ZS with Win7 x64 as much as I do now. I don't think Creative pays you for your work but I think they should.

But I can't really agree about the way you get worked up over Jelges CD (which I'm using, by the way, allthough I don't really need more apps than you Support Pack includes).

If you outright say you won't ever work on software apps, someone has to do it. As far as I see, Jelges made some of the applications previously working in WinXP and some only working with X-Fi working with Audigy in Win7, which I'm also very grateful for.

Best for the users would be if you two could work together and resolve some issues still remaining like DVD-Audio not working with x64 OS or apps like Mixer, Speaker settings and EAX console being partly broken.

If you're right and Jelges didn't give credit for the parts of your work he put into the CD, he should apologize and give you credit for your work, but don't deny the community the usage of your work when you don't mean to work out the remaining issues.

Oh and big letters make you seem like a teenager having no arguments and screaming instead, so please stay cool.