Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro win7 cannot instal

6Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro win7 cannot instal

I have a USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro device. To setup and use the device I need to use the creative software. Whenevr I try to install th software I get an error that setup cannot detect the x-fi.

On the support page of Creative a possible solution is offered (name PID_W7PCAPP_US_2__0?). I downloaded this solution but when I try to install it I get the same error. The solution has the same issue as it should fix.

I am about to get a hammer and smash it into pieces but it is too expensi've to do so. I have never met anything more stupid then this.

So creative help people how the f do I install te sotware for my prodct. Windows recognizes te device perfectly and audio is playing. The creative sotware does ot work.
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Whiz Kid

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro win7 cannot instalO

Hi,

PID_W7PCAPP_US_2__0? is not intended for the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro. Make sure you uninstall the generic driver in the Device Manager before installing the USB sound card in a clean boot state.
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro win7 cannot instal-

How do I uninstall the generic driver?

Whiz Kid

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro win7 cannot instal?

Open your Device Manager and look under "Sound, Video and Game Controller". Right click on the X-Fi Surround 5. Pro listing and select Uninstall.

:OK uninstalled the driver from windows 7. Reboot in clean mode. WIndows 7 immediately re-install the driver after boot and still the same issue occurs when I try to install the Creative driver.

I lost now 2 evenings because of bad software. please advise how I can get my money refunded. The product is now about 6 months old and useless for me in current configuration.

Regards

Whiz Kid

Sorry about that, refunds aren't handled here in the discussion forums. Please write to Customer Support for further assistance.

I have the same problem after a system crash and the installing of winsodws 7 64 bit..

I use Firefox, there are shown only half of the drivers and programs of your site, ms-explorer it's all o.k. Why?

If I delete the generic Driver, windows 7 64 bit will install it at once if I connect the soundcard. What is the quality of a program, if I have to program in "msconfig". microsoft says: do this only with a ms-supporter!! Other programs don't have such problems to install their products.

You worte: Write to Custom Support. I did it 4 days before. Since today I got no answer. Do You not supoort german customers?

Andi
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro win7 cannot instal8

Hi,

Maybe you did not install the drivers for the device, which may result in their application installer not recognising the device?

Using google search, it seems that PID_W7PCAPP_US_2__0.exe is the Product Identification Module for Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI/PCIe cards. The X-Fi Surround 5. Pro is not listed. Anyway, I think what you are looking is drivers for the product.

From the product support site, http://support.creative.com/download...Type=-#type_-" the file name for the driver for X-Fi Surround 5. Pro is XFXATHX_PCDRVBETA_US__02_006.exe . Install this and see how it goes?
    Last edited by Loi; 11-03-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Hi,

I tried this file allready: XFXATHX_PCDRVBETA_US__02_006.exe? - with the same result.

Andi

Whiz Kid

@Ulfberht?,

Did you receive an email notification after you email support?

If you didn't receive anything chances are, support didn't receive your email. Please send it again.