Thread: Creative Zen won't turn on. The reset button is not working...

reative Zen won't turn on. The reset button is not working..

It's impossible to put it to Recovery Mode. My computer can't recognize it. I tried charging it, but it still won't work. How do I get it to function again?
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Whiz Kid

Re: Creative Zen won't turn on. The reset button is not working...

BHHi,

Sorry about that, it looks like you may have to get the player replaced. Is the player still under warranty?

You might want to contact Customer Support to see how they can help you with this.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-25-2011 at 10:49 AM.

My creative M vision is not turning at all and the customer support keeps giving me links that go in circles. When I click that I have an creative m vision, it says that my player is end of seri've life. What does that mean? You won't help customers with this player anymore? I have 2 other friends as well as myself who have this player so I decided to purchase one for my cousin. In 2 months, the battery won't charge and any questions I have keeps me in circles. Are you telling me that the $200 that I spent on this player is a waste of money? Is it the battery that's completely dead?

Whiz Kid

@Kissy,

Sorry about that, where and when did you purchase this player?

The ZEN Vision:M model is too old. I don't think support still offer repairs/replacement for a model that was released back in 2005.

|I bought my M Vision about that time, my cousin was looking for an mp3 player and I suggested what I had since I've had mine for so long and it's still awesome. I bought his June 20th on amazon. The 2 months we had it, it was great, he loved it. 2 nights ago he went to charge and the green light for charge didn't show up. I thought because he used up all the power it would just recharge overnight, but it didn't. I emailed the seller and they said to contact you; your links sent me in circles because you guys don't sell the product anymore. I want to email your customer service, but because you guys don't sell it anymore, I don't know what to do!!!! A player shouldn't stop working after 2 months if it's never been dropped anywhere. He always keeps in on the computer desk or his pocket. I spent full price on this... I don't want to any player when it's still "new".
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-25-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Whiz Kid

@Kissy,

Did you purchase this from a Creative authorized dealer or is this a second-hand product?

If you purchased this as a second-hand product, I would strongly suggest you take this up to the seller. Note that the warranty isn't transferable. This product has already been classified as end of service life, thus support is pretty much limited to whatever is on the support pages.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-26-2011 at 09:51 AM.

?It was a second hand purchase, because of price. I also read reviews that were more positi've than negati've. There was no mention that any player stopped working out of no where and other buyers bought it way before I did. I emailed the seller before I contacted you and since it's past the 30 days they won't take it back. I don't know if it's the player or the battery. If it's the batterI personally think they should replace it for me, I'm just not sure I'll win that battle. ^_^ But I'm wiling to go there if it's the batter. If it was my cousin's fault, he'd take the blame and I'd just ask how to fix/pay to fix the player, but he did nothing wrong. My player that I purchase when it first came out has never had any problem; I've had 2 other friends purchase the same player within a year of me purchasing it and they love it just as much as I do. I just can't believe my cousin's player just stopped working within 2 months. You guys make amazing players that stand the test of time, it just baffles me!
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Whiz Kid

I hope you get something useful from the seller. Alternati'vely, there are some third-party vendors that offers repairs for a fee, just google for them.

The same thing happened to my Zen M after I didnt use it for quite a long time. You will need the wall/electric adapter not the USB. Using the electric charger/adapter, plug your Zen into a power strip with an off/on button. Turn your Zen to the "on" position and start flipping the off/on button on the powerstrip. Keep an eye on the Zen screen, after several tries, it should power up, as soon as you see the lightening bolt which means your unit is charging, leave it until it is fully charged. Hope it works!? IF you need a power adapter, you can buy one on Amazon.com for less than $5.