Thread: I need Windows 7 (x86) drivers for SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

8I need Windows 7 (x86) drivers for SB Live! 5.1 Platinum|

I've build a new PC recently because the old one couldn't handle advanced audio recording/mixing software and that was one of the MAIN reasons I bought it.

I've made one crucial mistake, though - I've assumed that such company as Creative wouldn't possibly stop suporting some of their products by not releasing Windows 7 drivers. It just really didn't came to my mind.

So my question (since I really can't quite believe it) - are there any Win 7 x86 drivers for my SB Live! 5.1 Platinum card? I wouldn't mind beta drivers and if there aren't - when do you (Creative, assuming someone from the company is here) plan to release them?

------------EDIT-----------

Oh, and I'm talking about st party Creative drivers, not the KX Drivers which are, let's say, "sub-optimal" (other word for utter crap).

Whiz Kid

Re: I need Windows 7 (x86) drivers for SB Live! 5.1 Platinum?

Hi,

There is no Windows 7 driver for the SB Li've! 5. Platinum. This product have already been classified as end of service life so future software development is unlikely.

Re: I need Windows 7 (x86) drivers for SB Live! 5.1 Platinums

KokChoy-CL wrote:
    Hi,?

There is no Windows 7 driver for the SB Live! 5. Platinum. This product have already been classified as end of service life so future software development is unlikely.
    Thanks for the info. Better no hope than false hope

Looks like for now it's back to XP for me.

Re: I need Windows 7 (x86) drivers for SB Live! 5.1 Platinum?

Yes the support has stopped from the Producer but there are also people who want to do that, i have also my Soundblaster Live 5. running in Win 7. Search here in this Forum and you will find your Drivers for your WIn 7 and your SB Card !?

Trusted Contributor

Re: I need Windows 7 (x86) drivers for SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

@ Varhyid

What version of KX driver are "sub-optimal"? Only the last few versions of KX drivers have proper support for the Audigy and Soundblaster live series soundcards (try out the last two drivers such as 3550beta and the latest 3551alpha if you haven't) in Windows 7 or Vista.

Anyway, have you tried Daniel_K's unofficial support pack 2.0 for Soundblaster live series? They should work fine in Windows 7 and Vista.

You can find it here: [url=http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3671389&postcount=3">http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3671389&postcount=3 [/url]

If you have more system memory, i.e. > 2GB you will need to use the KX driver which has fixed the system memory issues in the newest KX drivers (e.g. 3550 beta or 3551 alpha). Or of course buy a new soundcard.

Good luck!