Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New firmware for ZiiO 7''

Whiz Kid

New firmware for ZiiO 7''

Hi all,

There is a new firmware for the ZiiO 7''

Head over to the support area to download it.

Enhancements:

• Adds support to enable you to display ZiiO tablet's screen on a TV or Display Monitor via HDMI.
    • Adds feature to let you save contact information of friends and associates.
    • Includes function for Skype voice chat.
    • Supports Creative?s Over-The-Air firmware update application that automatically pushes updates to your ZiiO via Wi-Fi.
    • Adds Thai language in firmware OS and default Creative Application including the Pure Android Audio and also Setup Info.
    • Ability for user to format the on board memory (Internal SD memory) in both Recovery Mode and also in the ?Media & Storage? to ensure that it is FAT32 mode.
    • Updates the Amazon Kindle and Audible application.
    • Improved microSD card compatibility.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Contributor

Re: New firmware for ZiiO 7''@

Nice!!! Then I also hope for Zen touch 2 (with GPS) soon.

Re: New firmware for ZiiO 7''?

KokChoy-CL wrote:
    Hi all,?

Head over to the [url="http://support.creative.com/Downloads/searchdownloads.aspx?filename=ZiiO7_2_00_4fwupd.ap k%EF%BB%BF">support area[/url] to download it.

[color="#232d2f" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica"><span style="line-height: normal;">Enhancements:?

[...]
    • Adds feature to let you save contact information of friends and associates<
    ?
    Does this mean an actual Contact/Addressbook application? Will this eventually make its way to the 0" tablet?
    ?

Trusted Contributor

[EDIT: question ("How do I tell what's a widget?") removed because I went ahead and did the firmware upgrade successfully.]
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Re: New firmware for ZiiO 7''

2 questions :

1) "Includes function for Skype voice chat."
    I didn't see skype icon. How to setup/use builtin skype software?

2) is there plan to upgrade to Android 2.3?

Thanks!
    Last edited by KokChoy; 11-11-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New firmware for ZiiO 7''

rdrz44 wrote:
    KokChoy-CL wrote:
    Hi all,?

Head over to the [url="http://support.creative.com/Downloads/searchdownloads.aspx?filename=ZiiO7_2_00_4fwupd.ap k%EF%BB%BF">support area[/url] to download it.

Enhancements:

[...]
    • Adds feature to let you save contact information of friends and associates

Does this mean an actual Contact/Addressbook application? Will this eventually make its way to the 0" tablet?
    If not, try the free APP "Go Contact EX". Simply excellent.
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 03:11 PM.

I installed the new firmware but now it seems to have a problem with the "back" button..it doesnt work most of the time,it only worked at the power off screen to go back to home..Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Contributor

Re: New firmware for ZiiO 7''M

No mate ,i have install the new firmware ,and everything works fine !!

Trusted Contributor

Re: New firmware for ZiiO 7''f

chritsakos wrote:
    I installed the new firmware but now it seems to have a problem with the "back" button..it doesnt work most of the time,it only worked at the power off screen to go back to home..Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Do you have the trouble also when using the stylus to push the buttons? I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but for the longest time I thought the buttons didn't work properly, until a time when I used the stylus, and then I realized the button insensitivity was really due to my big fingers not hitting them just right.

Installed it Mighty fast compared to the old one..... Rooted.... Market is functioning and so is the rest.... Good job from Creative