Thread: skype video call on ZiiO 7"?

skype video call on ZiiO 7"?

Tried latest skype 2.5 video call on ZiiO7", can see another side video but cannot see mine(even myself cannot). what's wrong?

Whiz Kid

Re: skype video call on ZiiO 7"?

Hi,

Skype is a third-party software, I can't really comment about this. Maybe other users may want to chime in and talk about it.

I have the same problem. It's looks like my camera didn't started or didn't send any data. The other person in Skype was seen very well. Is there a way to check the video camera. I've never use it so I don't know for sure is it working.

No Froyo based android device can use the front camera. I'm not sure why that kind of suport wasn't included in the kernel (?) but it isn't. So you can only use the rear camera, which we don't have anyway
    Using Skype works great except, you can't send your video, you can only see the video from the person you're calling,

At some point we MUST get gingerbread on this device! If creative won't do it they should at least help us install CM7 or some other gingerbread implementation.

I just purchased a WaWaYaYa version of the Ziio7 and it has Froyo 2.0.0.7 as the build level.
    I loaded Skype 2.5 to it - and the Instant messages work - but the Video and audio both drop connection when used. I would like to upgrade the firmware to the latest Ziio7 level 2.0.0.14 with the hope that the skype problem will be fixed.. However there is no upgrade path from 2.0.0.7 to 2.0.0.14 ?

can anyone help? will upgrading the firmware help with the Skype problem?

Try upgrading the firmware. With the latest firmware, Skype voice calls will be supported. Video calls still won't work, though.
    This is a problem with the out-dated Android 2.2 version on this device. Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) was the first version with native support for the front camera.

Best regards,
    -Manuel-

Thanks - but I'm waiting for a response with regards to the firmware... the firmware upgrades supplied so far do NOT include one from 2.0.0.7 to 2.0.0.13 or 2.0.0.14 as mentioned in my previous post.