Thread: Forum Feedback thread

Forum Feedback thread

Hi All,

This thread is mainly for forum issues. Please post the issues you are encountering and we'll take a look at it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Loi; 11-17-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Question Re: Forum Feedback thread

Hi, I have a question about recovering my pre-vBulletin account. I recently needed to look up some of my old posts - and while they are still available, they're full of broken code from the forum migration.

I'd like to clean them up, but I cannot use vBulletin's automatic password reset function because I no longer have the email address which is linked to the account. I found my old password and successfully sent a reset email, but since I can't read it, I'm not sure what to do. Is there another way to make this possible? My old account is sarelc ( http://forums.creative.com/member.php?u=43922 ).

Thanks for your help.

Re: Forum Feedback thread

Hello Gneralmtnce,

I interchange the email addresses of your old and new account. Try to reset the password of your old account again. You should receive the confirmation email on your new email address (the email you used under gneralmtnce username). Let me know if it works.

Hi Loi-CL, that worked just fine. The one downside was that when you replied to my post, it must have sent the notification email to the dead email account - so I didn't find out until just now! Thanks very much for your help!

You're welcome. Glad to hear you're now able to use your old account.

Trusted Contributor

There is something very wrong with the forums. My time (synchronized through some time server) is 16:46, but the forums are about 15 minutes late. I posted a reply to a topic a few times and it was always placed before the post I was replying to, showing completely wrong time.

edit: and as you can see, the posted time shows 4:31PM. Pretty much exactly off by 15 minutes.

I saw the post you are referring to. Looks like a glitch to me. I will check with vbulletin and see whether they are seeing this issue on their end or in other communities running on the same software. Thanks for the heads up.