Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is E-mu Dead?

Is E-mu Dead?

There hasn't been any activity in the E-mu site (other than the transfer to the Creative site), and there are no new products or updates for a long time.
    Please say it isn't so.
    Serge

Re: Is E-mu Dead?

The apparent signs are that they are dead and that Creative is just going through motions while waiting for current inventory to deplete (e.g. 1616m is discontinued).

Really, E-MU has been gone for years now.

I think there will be no any windows 8 driver in the future...

And all 0204 USB will cracks and pops during recording and playback (ASIO 24Bit/192KHz) For All Time...

This is the end of E-MU...

R.I.P E-MU...
    Last edited by mksmurf; 04-08-2012 at 09:03 PM.

I guess we aren't worth an answer by Creative :-(

Hi everyone,

E-MU is still active for now. We've consolidated the website so that it's more focused and easier to navigate. If any of you have technical questions that needs to be answered, you can send us an email. The team is always glad to help out as much as possible.

Cheers,
    Colin

Question Re: Is E-mu Dead?

hi colin,
    without sending an email for now > what`s up with the win7 0404 usb drivers? when are they getting out of beta status? + performance tuning for the 0404 usb xp drivers heavily needed (with winxp sp3 there where big changes going on with the winxp usbport.sys driver) winxp sp3 > dpc`s are to long > 150 - 250ms and ~ 10% cpu use only for dpc`s now on a fully optimized daw pc. as microsoft states in their driver dev. specification, drivers should avoid to go higher than 50msec for dpc`s) also look here: http://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm?link=183415 where a native instruments developer is asking for help.
    Last edited by acidrecords; 05-16-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Hi acidrecords,

At the moment, we have no updates with regards to drivers moving out of Beta status.

We will definitely post something here when we have more information.

Cheers,
    Colin

hi mcolin

thanks for the information. so why no updates? why is the emu driver develepment and driver maintenance on hold?
    is the developer dead or what`s the cause for this? from a customers point of view, who bought a device promoted as "for professionals" this story has a bad taste. (no, it`s for sure not only me. the web on different forums is full of people having problems with emu xp & win7 drivers. normally pro-vendors also provide updated drivers from time to time (stability, performance, features). i also have creamware, motu & rme soundcards here.)

thanks

br

chris

Hi acidrecords,

Zombie developers? Lol! Heavens no! Am sure the team is still making great music.

Well, you know, we're rather picky about things and want everything to be right the first time round.

But there's only so much support we can hand out over here, so my suggestion is to write in to support, for assistance and advice. As for E-MU driver development, I'll do what I can (no miracles here) to have the team expedite some of the issues.

Cheers,
    Colin