Thread: Help for last step of X-Fi Xtreme Music on Windows 8 CP

Help for last step of X-Fi Xtreme Music on Windows 8 CP

If anyone is interested and asks here I will detail the steps by which I succeeded in installing the Xtreme Music card on Windows 8 x64 Consumer Preview.

The consoles and control panel work and most importantly I can't hear any difference in the card's performance on Windows 7 x64. (I don't 'do' digital or optical connections, only analog to a fine old set of Cambridge 4.1s.)

The one problem remaining to be solved is that all settings made either in the Creative audio control panel or the consoles are retained only for the active Windows session and lost upon reboot or the next cold start.

I have tried running the consoles with administrative privilege and messed around with permissions for various folders and some Registry keys, all to no avail.

Very grateful to learn if anyone has insight to this situation on Windows 8 x64 CP!

Re: Help for last step of X-Fi Xtreme Music on Windows 8 CP

SOLUTION FOUND: Add Volume Panel to the start list of Eight. Evidently it correctly saves [where?] all the settings made in the Creative Audio Control Panel and enables these at start up.

For years on Vista x86, x64, and then in Windows 7 x64 I had never bothered with Creative's Volume Panel because in my usage it seemed superfluous. Live and learn!
    Last edited by atitlanindc; 04-10-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Contributor

Thanks for the solution! Now, if the DTS and dolby pack would work.

Contributor

I wonder if daniel_k installation disc 1.0 works in win 8 x64 rtm ?

Hi

how do you even get the console settings in the first place? im using windows 8 Release Preview

also i dont even get any sound

using x-fi extreme music PCI

I've just installed on windows 8.1 (64) the last x-fi xtreme music drivers, but without any audio. Trying to change some things but no audio. Can you explain your way to make it sounds?
    Thank you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by atitlanindc View Post
    If anyone is interested and asks here I will detail the steps by which I succeeded in installing the Xtreme Music card on Windows 8 x64 Consumer Preview.

The consoles and control panel work and most importantly I can't hear any difference in the card's performance on Windows 7 x64. (I don't 'do' digital or optical connections, only analog to a fine old set of Cambridge 4.1s.)

The one problem remaining to be solved is that all settings made either in the Creative audio control panel or the consoles are retained only for the active Windows session and lost upon reboot or the next cold start.

I have tried running the consoles with administrative privilege and messed around with permissions for various folders and some Registry keys, all to no avail.

Very grateful to learn if anyone has insight to this situation on Windows 8 x64 CP!

Can you upload your Volume Panel somewhere please please please? I have latest driver and console launcher but still settings revert to default every reboot. I coudn't setup from the CD, windows didn'r recognised it; so I just downloaded and install web driver and console launcher which lacks the volume panel.