Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro - No DTS Connect???

Trusted Contributor

Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro - No DTS Connect???

So i bought this sound card and in the product comparison viewer on creative's own website it clearly states that the Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro CAN do DTS Connect. But after installing the card I can not find this feature anywhere. Only DDL not DTS Connect. See for yourself in the screenshots below. Did Creative lie???

Recon 3D.jpgNo DTS Connect.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro - No DTS Connect???

Forget it. I just RMA'd the product. Creative definately lied. If you want quality through optical, stick with a product that DOES have Dolby Digital/DTS Connect

Trusted Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

did you have a previous soundblaster installed before the recon3D

its a common issue that a subsequent reinstall without driver sweeping may result in the dtscon software not installing properly

Trusted Contributor

I think the "and/or" is their out of not including DTS

Trusted Contributor

I installed on a fresh installation of windows 7. The Recon3D simply does NOT have DTS Connect. Only DDL. They lied. After RMA'ing the Recon3D i am now using the Titanium HD - that DOES have DTS Connect and it installed just fine first time.

Check out the Recon3D's control panel in this guy's youtube vid. You will see very clearly just like in the pics of my original post - there is definately no DTS Connect option in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRL5_K3QKUY

So a little warning to people thinking of buying the Recon3D - the card is a piece of crap as far as quality is concerned - especially through an optical cable with DDL. Parts of songs sound muffled and go quiet for no reason (even with Smart Volume switched off). Bass just sounds wrong too - there's no other way to describe it. The only good thing the Recon3D has going for it is the improved mic settings. The rest is all mediocre quality.

The Titanium HD however, now that is a quality card. DTS connect gives u crystal clear sound via optical cable for Music/Movies AND Games.
    Last edited by OperativeX; 05-17-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Re: Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro - No DTS Connect???

As far as I know, Creative never told that Recon3D cards support DTS Connect. I understand that Dolby Digital Live is a more democratic solution for those who don't have a DTS hardware decoder. There's not such thing in their website and for that it is less interesting for me. The only hardware acceleration they confirm is for THX DSPs, not for true OpenAL, wich is used by other APIs like FMOD. I hope they save the big surprise arriving Windows 8, with the new audio interface. Maybe they were supporting Microsoft. Perhaps Creative will rebuild a true XFI2... Maybe all past and present sound cards will be incompatible, as happened with A LOT of Analog and Digital TV cards with Windows 7. Who knows?

Creative, save your name.

Sorry for my english.

there is no mention of DTS Connect on the official product page, only DDL.

Super Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OperativeX View Post
    . Did Creative lie???

Recon 3D.jpgNo DTS Connect.jpg
    Do you see the words in that screenshot that state "Dolby and/or"? That can mean both of them or one or the other.

Trusted Contributor

Then it is not just a lie it is a trick! False advertising as it should NOT say DTS at all!

Please locate on the official product page where dts connect is referred to at any point.