Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8 (10/25/2012) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8 (10/25/2012) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

This software/driver pack is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.

Use it at your own risk.

Supports any model of the following Sound Blaster cards (based on the P7X audio controller):

- Audigy Value
    - Audigy SE
    - Audigy LS
    - Audigy 2 LS
    - Live! 24-bit
    - SB 5.1 VX, including Rocketfish RF-51SDCD
    - X-Fi Xtreme Audio (PCI only), including Rocketfish RF-71SDCD.

Operating systems supported: 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8 / 7 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3

Included in the pack:

- Drivers for Windows 8 / 7 / Vista v5.12.1.2020 and Windows XP v5.12.01.626
    - ALchemy 1.43.27 (Windows 8 / 7 / Vista only)
    - Audio Console 3.00.69
    - Entertainment Console 3.00.66
    - Host OpenAL 1.02.01 (Windows 8 / 7 / Vista only)
    - SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.02 (Windows XP only)
    - Volume Panel 2.21.17

Does this driver improve sound quality or performance Are there any tweaks

No, this driver does not improve sound quality nor increase performance.

No, there are no tweaks.

If someone states that its driver improves sound quality and performance, you are being fooled, cheated.

It is even worse that the so called tweaks come from a person who is not EVEN technically acknowledged, does NOT know anything about Windows internals, software engineering and sound fidelity that all audiophiles always look for.

If you "feel" the sound better, that is the infamous placebo effect and there is no real proof that any tweaks work.

In fact, I have yet to see a driver that states in its release notes that it improves sound quality.

I've disassembled about every single .SYS driver, .DLL libraries and .EXE executables and found nothing.

There are some undocumented registry values, but nothing related to sound quality or performance.

Would the so called tweaks even exist, they would be in my Support Packs, you can bet that.

Fixes and improvements:

- Adds Windows 8 support to some setup scripts still not updated by Creative
    - Improves Windows 8 support with updated applications and shared components
    - Adds Entertainment Console as a faster and lightweight alternative to Console Launcher
    - Updates the Windows XP driver
    - Fixes Creative SoundFont Synthesizer mute issue on Windows XP/Server2003
    - Fixes CrystalizerUnlocker not detecting proper software installed on 32-bit edition of Windows 7 / Vista
    - Driver based on WHQL release from WindowsUpdate (with Headphone mode/Bass Redirection fixes by me)
    - Fix Console Launcher memory leak and slow loading when running under Windows 7 / Vista
    - Updates many shared components for improved compatibility and performance.
    - Updates OpenAL redistributable to 2.1.0.0
    - Fixes the Headphone mode reseting to Speakers mode on reboot (all cards. including the X-Fi Xtreme Audio)
    - Console Launcher is now installed for all cards on all OSes, so Audio Center is removed
    - Updates OpenAL redistributable to 2.0.7.0
    - Fixes broken uninstaller on all OSes,
    - Added Volume Panel by demand.
    - Replaces Audio Console to fix multilanguage install.
    - Changes setup routine and uses updated scripts.
    - Changes application installation to silent mode.
    - Enables language selection dialog
    - Updates 3D engine filter driver for Windows XP.
    - Fixes some issues with device features.
    - Improves EAX performance on XP.
    - Improves OpenAL compatibility.
    - Updates Creative Software Synthesizer (XP only).
    - Fixes CMSS not working on Windows 7 for AudigySE/ Value/LS / Li've24bit / SB5.VX, now everything works.

Release Notes:

WINDOWS 8 INSTALLATION STEPS

- Open the Charms bar (press the Windows logo key + C).

- Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General

- Scroll down and click on Restart Now (under Advanced startup) and wait.

- Now choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup settings -> Restart.

- When prompted, press the 7 or F7 key to Disable driver signature enforcement.

- Now you can finally proceed with the Support Pack installation.

Windows Security warning during driver installation

When prompted with: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software", choose "Install this driver software anyway".

X-FI Crystalizer is available only for X-Fi Xtreme Audio on Windows 8 / 7 / Vista

Crystalizer is not available for Audigy Value/SE/LS, Live! 24-bit and SB 5.1 VX on Windows 8 / 7 / Vista.

Configuring CMSS on Windows 8 / 7 / Vista

For all supported cards, except the X-Fi Xtreme Audio, Audio Console should be used to configure CMSS, which is not available in Entertainment Console.

Download:

Filename: P7X_SupportPack_2_8.exe
    File size: 48.6 MB
    CRC32 hash: 48577A03
    SHA- hash: 37A5FCDB132E5BF8465439F89DA3745B33352E29

This updated version includes fixes for Windows XP and Windows 8 ONLY.

If you are running Windows 7/Vista with Support Pack 2.6+ already installed, you DO NOT need to install this.

Mirrors: Hotfile

All files are property of Creative Technology Ltd, except otherwise noted.
    Last edited by daniel_k; 10-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Trusted Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8 (10/25/2012) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

the VolPanlu.exe in this kit is missing the dts interactive right click item.
    Last edited by squall_leonhart; 10-27-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8 (10/25/2012) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

Hi...

I Installed pack on Audigy Value,Entertainment Console Not Working on Win 7x64, going to re-install anyidea...

Last edited by Vinay2007; 10-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
    the VolPanlu.exe in this kit is missing the dts interactive right click item.
    And what is the point of having DTS Interactive working if it is not supported by the P17X series cards?

All apps included are the latest versions that are working properly with the devices supported by this pack and might not work for other devices.

Every pack has its own set of working applications.

Just avoid the use of my customized versions and stick with the public and officially ones and you'll be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinay2007 View Post
    Hi...

I Installed pack on Audigy Value,Entertainment Console Not Working on Win 7x64, going to re-install anyidea...

Oops, packed a pre-final release. Sorry!

Trusted Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_k View Post
    Oops, packed a pre-final release. Sorry!
    So May i knw when u release Final Versions...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinay2007 View Post
    So May i knw when u release Final Versions...
    Done!

Contributor

Hi Daniel...

Just Downloaded and Installed ur new driver, Works fine, "Crystalizer is not working, it's says Software is Invalid tried in safe mode" I have one doubt, i can't hear Folder Opening Sound, the same with Creative Official drivers, i have tried changing Windows sounds, still not getting Windows Folder opening sounds , Anyway Thx "Daniel_k" for ur hardwork......

Im Using Audigy Se on Windows 7x64 Sp1

Quote Originally Posted by sam2012 View Post
    Hi Daniel...

Just Downloaded and Installed ur new driver, Works fine, "Crystalizer is not working, it's says Software is Invalid tried in safe mode" I have one doubt, i can't hear Folder Opening Sound, the same with Creative Official drivers, i have tried changing Windows sounds, still not getting Windows Folder opening sounds , Anyway Thx "Daniel_k" for ur hardwork......

Im Using Audigy Se on Windows 7x64 Sp1
    Not sure about the Windows sound effects, nothing I can do, I'm afraid.

Fixed the Crystalizer issue e reuploaded the pack for those who need it.

Regular Contributor

Is there an updated pack for PCI-E X-Fi coming up? Would very much love to see it released.
    I am personally interested in Auzen X-Fi Forte because it gets no official support.
    And thank you for your hard work, Daniel!
    Last edited by zalbard; 10-28-2012 at 08:44 AM.