Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8 (10/25/2012) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8 (10/25/2012) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

Wow finally SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8. Thank you daniel_k

Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.8 (10/25/2012) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

With these drivers, sound is randomly turning off. To fix it, I have to restart my PC.
    Any idea to get rid of that permanently?
    When it happens, Creative Audio Control Panel shows no speaker options: http://prntscr.com/m8ktk
    Also, DXDiag shows that:
    "(DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x88780032 (error code)"
    and foobar2000 shows that:
    "Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x88780032)"
    When I go to "Playback Control" and uncheck "Mute" below the "Microphone" column, I can hear sound from microphone.
    Last edited by kamild1996; 12-15-2012 at 07:27 PM.

CMSS 3D is not working in windows 8 pro with media center.It worked perfectly in windows 7 64 bit .but not in windows 8.I tried re installing driver and software.but result is not fruitful.Any Suggestions to make it work?very urgent.Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jaasmineking View Post
    CMSS 3D is not working in windows 8 pro with media center.It worked perfectly in windows 7 64 bit .but not in windows 8.I tried re installing driver and software.but result is not fruitful.Any Suggestions to make it work?very urgent.Thanks in advance
    The issue occurs in Media Center only? What about other apps?

Didn't try Media Center personally, but all effects work just fine with any games and music apps.

No i didn't try in media center.Mostly i won't use it .But the os is with media center i.e i installed windows 8 pro with media center x64 build 9200 .i tried with vlc media player 2.0.4 ,windows media player and others, it plays stereo in front left and right speakers i didn't get 7.1 surround. I installed driver as u mention in the thread by diabling driver signature..only problem is cmss 3d is not working.And i'm having audigy value.Please guide me to fix

Finally I found solution ..after installing windows 8 pro only it works perfectly.the problem is with the os Windows 8 pro with media center .Thanks to Daniel for his great work.if possible make this work with the Windows 8 pro with media center OS ..

oops this is not solution. problem persists..may be some third party software causes

Hello, Daniel. First of all, thanks for your hard work.

And now about my problem. Lately I tried to install your p17x v2.8 pack for my SB 5.1 VX (SB1070) and driver wouldn't work! Driver loading (both during install and each system startup) would take up to 4 minutes and all I hear is white noise unless I put the volume down to the lowest both in the sytem mixer and music player! What is more funny is that the card is working fine with drivers I download from creative.com. Another funny thing is that a few months ago I was using Live! 24-bit and Audigy SE cards with your v2.7 pack and they worked well, but even earlier than that I tried to use my old SB Live! 5.1 (SB0228) with your Live! support pack and I've faced the same white nose issue white the card was working fine with kX drivers! And all that on exactly same computer with exactly the same Windows install and I do know how to clean up every trace of a driver from registry and system folders. My computer is an old p4 3.0 ghz, 2gb ram, geforce videocard (not sure why would it matter but still) and all that is on asrock P4i65G mobo with Windows XP SP3 x86 installed. Btw I managed to install your driver (without mixers and consoles) on top of the official sb 5.1 vx driver package and it installed okay with no white nose and slow loading times but then I thought that my first attemt on installing was just unlucky somehow so I just deleted everything and tried to install your pack again and I get the same issue just with no white nose but slow loading time is there again! Other than that, your pack works well! So I'm asking if you can give me some tips on how to overcome my issue. I haven't tried v2.7 pack yet btw.

Hi,
    is there any chance to use P17x SSP 2.8 with SB Audigy 2 Value (SB0400)? As far as I know, it uses p17v chip. Couldn't install it using default installer ("no supported device found") nor using W7 device manager ("device cannot start"). Under device manager card is recognized as \VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10011102, works well with official drivers.

One more thing: in my configuration, the sound quality indeed changes with different sets of drivers. The volume level differs despite the same slider position, the sound is more rich or flat - maybe it depends on bass/treble defaults, also enabling the 24bit mode with some drivers improved the crispness of the sound (2_18_0017), with other had no influence or even decreased it (2_18_0011). And I'm speaking about the official drivers, there may be even more difference with tuned ones. I have rather good 100W HiFi system, and did some "double-blind" tests, so it's definitely not the placebo effect.