Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: X-Fi Titanium HD + New Windows 8 driver = No 5.1?

Trusted Contributor

Re: X-Fi Titanium HD + New Windows 8 driver = No 5.1?

Ok thanks for checking.

Super Guru

I posted that file for the user that requested it. Hopefully that will get him squared away. I also requested the Loi from Creative publicly post the original Titanium HD driver CD, so that those that have misplaced or damaged their CDs can download it again and use it with the newest driver. I have had very good results under Windows 8 with it.

Trusted Contributor

You can post the download link in this thread if you like, driver CD downloads have been posted on this forum before with no complaint from Creative (including modified/updated ones).

Trusted Contributor

Install the 10 Feb 11 SBRL_PCDRV_LB_3_00_1004 drivers over them. It wont install the actual drivers because you have newer ones installed but it will install ddl and dtsc.

Super Guru

I thought about that, but MegaShare said that it does not allow multiple users in excess for the download. Oh well, I guess I will give it a shot and if it burns out, then it burns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckchoi View Post
    You can post the download link in this thread if you like, driver CD downloads have been posted on this forum before with no complaint from Creative (including modified/updated ones).

Quote Originally Posted by pmc64 View Post
    Install the 10 Feb 11 SBRL_PCDRV_LB_3_00_1004 drivers over them. It wont install the actual drivers because you have newer ones installed but it will install ddl and dtsc.
    THIS is by far the best solution.

I've run into the same problem as the original poster and tried to no avail to install the DDL connect pack from the original setup CD. Every time I'd attempt to use the old driver setup (even with Win7 compatibility and full admin rights) the installer simply "couldn't detect any supported devices".

I was hoping to get a link to jmacguire's CD ISO because his CD seems to be a newer version than mine.

It never ever occured to me that the previous version of the drivers (only for Win7) might do the trick! In fact I didn't even realise that they contained the DDL and DTS connect packs in them.

I promptly installed the latest Win8 compatible drivers, and then the older Feb 11 drivers (with DDL and DTS in them) and just like pmc64 said - a newer version was detected, proceeded with install anyway, and voila! My DDL encoder is there and working

Thank you so much pmc64!

Trusted Contributor

They updated the drivers again

Yeah, I was in contact with Creative Support and it turns out they had just forgotten the updated files in the new driver and didn't notice, so they updated them today after they were notified. Good on Creative. First time I've been mighty impressed by them. Too bad I had to go to their Twitter feed to get support, but nonetheless... jmacguire, thanks for all you've done to help!

Yup, an updated driver has just been released. This set includes the DDL/DTS Connect pack.

Super Guru

Loi, Please tell the team, WAY TO GO!!

These are the kind of things that can make you guys stand out from the competition again.