Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: SB Audigy Series Support Pack 4.5 (10/29/2012)

Contributor

Re: SB Audigy Series Support Pack 4.5 (10/29/2012)

hi Daniel what should be listed has latest driver in device manager under windows 8 64 for your 4.5 pack? I have 6.0.1.1377 has driver version and 10-29-2012 for date is this correct.I have z906 speakers and something is off just can't tell at the moment, any help appreciated.Thks

Hi and thank you daniel for your work.
    I own a Audigy 2 ZS on Win7 x64. I tried your package in order to activate the CMSS Stereo Surround feature and everything have worked well. All seems to work fine but now I have a big issue with ASIO that was working very well before installing this driver. I have no error at all but when I choose to use ASIO (I can also configure the latency without any problem) I just simply have no sound. Asio seems to be ok, since I can also choose routing like rear 1/2 / side 1/2 / fx ... but I have no sound at all... Please give me a hints... I really need help... thanks

Edit:
    Just to let you know that I was able to have my asio up and running again uninstalling your package and reinstalling the official driver. I did it to be sure this was a bug related to this package and not a mistake from my part. Hope you could resolve this issue or maybe point me in the right direction if you already know what's the problem. At the moment I need my system to work on a project so I will test your next release asap. Finger crossed and thank again.
    Last edited by manny2003; 01-03-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Contributor

Anyone on my question above pls??

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfox View Post

Before I could use the internal decoder of my Audigy with my TV-software (DVB Viewer) and Mediaplayer (MPC Home Cinema) but now I can't use it anymore, atleast if I set it to 16 Bit an 44.1KHz or 48KHz in the sound properties. Anything above like 16/96 or 24/44.1 and 24/48 will work but as far as I understand that's not how I should configure it when listening to 16/48 sources like TV oder DVD (mostly MP2, some Dolby Digital).
    When I set it to 16 Bit and 44.1 or 48 KHz I get a stuttering noise much like someone firing a submachine gun, when testing the setting in the sound properties as well as in the MPC-Player or the TV-software. Sounds are still produced but of course I can't use the setting with those noises.

I already completely de- and reinstalled the 4.5 Supportpack but to no avail. Does someone get the same issue and is there any solution to it? I prefer the new driver over the old one for restoring mic and line-in but I'd still like the decoding abilities back.

EDIT: After completely deinstalling everything, using driversweeper and reinstalling just the 4.5-Pack 16/44.1 and 16/48 work for now. I'll be back if I encounter the problem again.

EDIT2: And there it is again, dunno what I changed.
    Hi.

Did some tests and it happened once while playing a video in MPC-HC.

Stopped then restarted playback and couldn't reproduce the issue anymore.

When you say "set it to 16 Bit and 44.1 or 48 KHz" you mean the the 'Speakers' device, right?

Emu10kx DSPs have an issue with resampling so, for better results, you must set the frequency to 48 kHz, bit depth can be either 16-bit or 24-bit.

Setting it to 24-bit it's ok, no problem with that if it fixes the issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pako View Post
    Hi,
    I have a problem with DTS Encoder Audigy 2ZS GOLD on Logitech Z-5500.
    The DD everything works as it should, but the panel does not detect DTS sound.
    To use the DTS encoder, you must follow the steps in the ReadMe.txt file found in the "EncSwitcher" folder of the Support Pack.

Remember that you CANNOT use the Audigy SPDIF Out in this case, select the SPDIF Out of another audio device, such as the integrated HD Audio of your motherboard or another soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Orl View Post

As I'm sure you are aware, I have the option to record "what u hear" and I use it every so often. My sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 running Windows 7 64-bit, using you're latest Audigy drivers. The problem I'm having is, simply put, the "what u hear" recording volume is too low, even when its set at its maximum volume levels as it can be. The recorded volume is about 10 decibels lower than the actual volume heard from the speakers.

My question to you, is this. Is there any possible way I can increase the volume of the "what u hear" recording option, be it through the registry, or perhaps another method? Or is the issue I'm describing something that simply cannot be changed, and only Creative is able to fix?

Once again, this is not a huge problem, it is just a minor inconvenience. Please reply back when you can with any tips or advice you feel might rectify the problem. Thanks for your time.
    Make sure the sampling rate and bit depth of Speakers' and 'WhatUHear' devices are set to 16-bit, 48kHz.

With this setting the volume level was OK here, just did some tests with the Windows' Sound Recorder.

Also, try to 'Restore Defaults' in Audio Console before uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Plox View Post
    I am having an issue where all but one the recording devices show up as unavailable, sometimes. Sometimes the card looks to be working perfectly, then all but one the recording devices show up as unavailable. Usually the working device has been Aux 2. Now for some reason Mic 2 is the only one working.

Attachment 156

Also I was getting a popup saying an audio enhancement was causing a problem with the sound card, do I want to disable or not. I did not disable for awhile, but then I did to see if that would fix my issue. I did not notice anything different.

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    Windows 7 64
    8 GB Ram
    Intel
    Audio enhancement warnings mean that the security certificate for Creative APO could not be not installed or was invalidated.

Surely this is a really bad, bad symptom of a corrupted Windows installation.

Perhaps this is the root cause of your issues?

Quote Originally Posted by grope22 View Post
    hi Daniel what should be listed has latest driver in device manager under windows 8 64 for your 4.5 pack? I have 6.0.1.1377 has driver version and 10-29-2012 for date is this correct.I have z906 speakers and something is off just can't tell at the moment, any help appreciated.Thks
    That version info is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by manny2003 View Post
    Hi and thank you daniel for your work.
    I own a Audigy 2 ZS on Win7 x64. I tried your package in order to activate the CMSS Stereo Surround feature and everything have worked well. All seems to work fine but now I have a big issue with ASIO that was working very well before installing this driver. I have no error at all but when I choose to use ASIO (I can also configure the latency without any problem) I just simply have no sound. Asio seems to be ok, since I can also choose routing like rear 1/2 / side 1/2 / fx ... but I have no sound at all... Please give me a hints... I really need help... thanks

Edit:
    Just to let you know that I was able to have my asio up and running again uninstalling your package and reinstalling the official driver. I did it to be sure this was a bug related to this package and not a mistake from my part. Hope you could resolve this issue or maybe point me in the right direction if you already know what's the problem. At the moment I need my system to work on a project so I will test your next release asap. Finger crossed and thank again.
    Hi.

I'm not experienced with ASIO, but did some tests with foobar2000.

With 'Speakers' set to 5.1 and Output device in foobar2000 set to Creative ASIO, at first I couldn't hear anything.

After changing it to 'SB Audigy 2 ZS ASIO', the sound was played properly.

Played with the custom channel mappings but couldn't get audio from Center and Sub channels while playing a 5.1 flac test file.

Front and Rear channel worked just fine.

Strange enough, with 'play test signal' I could hear the test noise on all channels, so I believe that ASIO is working fine but must be configured properly.

Hi Daniel and thank for your reply.
    I don't want to bother you, just want to share my experience if this can help to improve your work or help someone with my same problem.
    I tried many different applications that use ASIO (Sonar, FL Studio, Traktor and many more) and all have the exact same problem. I used to use ASIO and I think I'm not making any mistake at the application configuration level. About setting up option for ASIO, Creative ASIO just have one option you can choose with their micro-panel and that is latency.
    Reinstalling the official driver give me back the audio in ASIO and this is also what I've done to be sure was not my fault when setting up applications.

I also tried 'SB Audigy 2 ZS ASIO' with the same problem as well as changing every possible combination of speaker settings, CMSS and all other option in Creative Console. In any case as far as I know ASIO is a low level driver and it bypass all this setups giving to the user the possibility to just choose where to route the sound depending on the available resources of the card (I can select L Side or R Rear for instance also if speaker are not configured as 4 or 5.1 since this kind of speaker config affect only the WDM side of the driver).

I've checked the ctasio.dll version before and after installing your package and they seems to be the same.

I don't know foobar2000 but if you like to test with FL Studio you can download trial version for free. Strange enough nobody else have my problem with ASIO or maybe they don't use ASIO at all.

Thank you.