Thread: E-MU 1212M PCI with Windows 8?

E-MU 1212M PCI with Windows 8?

I have a 1212M PCI (original version) running with Patchmix on Windows 7 64-bit without problems. I recently upgraded another PC to Windows 8 (legally for $14.99!) and find it much quicker and cleaner (the open-source Classic Shell deals with the whole Start screen interface issue quite nicely).

So I'm thinking of upgrading my 1212M-equipped machine to Win8 while the cheap upgrade price is active ($39 for a win7 machine bought before June 2). I've looked around the net and haven't seen anything definitive about Win8 compatibility for PCI versions. Anyone with experience? Does Patchmix work ok? I know there are no official drivers to come, but I've also seen it said around that Win7 drivers work fine with Win8.

Re: E-MU 1212M PCI with Windows 8?

I am successfully using 1616m PCIe on a Win 8 machine. I upgraded from 32bit win 7 to 32bit win 8 using the $14.99 upgrade. I am using the 1616m to rip vinyl.

At first I didn't think the drivers were working right, since I would turn on the breakout box and the lights would be all maxed out like it was locked up. I had not yet installed the mixer software. After a couple of install/uninstall attempts of the drivers, I just ignored the lights on the box and installed the software. After that, all is well. Using Audacity I am capturing vinyl rips just fine to 96k/24. This was yesterday and today.

Re: E-MU 1212M PCI with Windows 8?

EMU 0404 USB, 1820m, Windows 8, and Sonar

0404 usb

win 8 32 was only listing 16 bit drivers

win 8 64 was not finding the device

Kept getting a "file not found" error when trying to install from the program files folder.

I opened the exe file with 7 zip

copied the files in the audio\drivers folder
    ( C:\TempC\EMUU_PCAppDrv_US_1_40_00_BETA extracted\Audio\Drivers\driver )

to the program files folder
    ( win 8 32 C:\Program Files\Creative Professional\Program\driver )
    ( win 8 64 C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Professional\Program\driver )

and I was happy.

====================================

1820m

used the PCIe beta driver:
    http://support.creative.com/download...ype=11#type_11

And the patchmix application
    http://support.creative.com/Products...&prodName=E-MU 1616M PCIe&subCatName=PCI/PCIe Audio/MIDI Interfaces&CatName=E-MU+%2f+Creative+Professional&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFA Q_19007,VARSET=CategoryID:237

Way fewer Sonar/computer freezes, and other weirdnesses.