this tool allows automated switching of Speakers/Headphones and more for Creative Sound Blaster Z-Series and Recon3D owners. while the master volume and mute controls are handled in the OS level, the switching mechanism is on-screen auto click based, thus is dependent on Sound Blaster Control Panel availability.
SBZ Switcher is synchronized with the Sound Blaster Control Panel via registry, to display current info and switch accordingly.
* Double click the Tray icon to Switch Speakers/Headphones mode.
* Left click the Tray icon to Open/Close the Sound Blaster Control Panel.
* Right click menu for switch mode / Mute devices / Toggle features / User Profiles and more...
* Predefine Master volume for each mode and manage Digital Output Mute control.
* Synchronize Digital output volume with Speakers/Master volume control.
* Predefine User Profile for each mode and manage selectable profiles in right click menu.
* Predefine SBX Pro Studio Profile for each mode.
* Predefine Equalizer Profile for each mode.
* Force Windows Audio Control Panel to Stereo in Headphones mode.
* Force Windows Audio Control Panel to Full-Range Surround in Headphones mode.
* Force Windows Audio Control Panel to Surround in Stereo Speakers mode.
* Assign Hotkey to Switch Speakers/Headphones mode (fullscreen aware).
* Assign Hotkey to Mute Microphone On/Off.
* Assign Hotkey to Toggle Center Speaker (fullscreen aware).
* Assign Hotkey to Toggle Force Stereo / 5.1 Surround in win audio control panel (fullscreen aware).
* Assign Volume Hotkeys, controlling steps for each mode and smooth transitions, inc. visual indicator.
* Assign Hotkeys to Toggle SBX Pro Studio features.
* Assign Hotkeys to Toggle default playback devices.
* Assign Hotkey to Toggle digital encoder.
* Set tray icon for each mode and synchronize out-of-scope mode switching
* Launch at Windows start up.
* Periodic check for updates and self updating.
* Detailed settings UI / customizations.
* Support Command-Line Parameters
Visit project's page at SourceForge:
please share your thoughts and bugs.
- fixed Windows 10 compatibility and automations.
- fixed Evade blacklisted 64bit processes monitoring.
- added blacklisted process editor UI.
- added additional Mute devices hotkeys.
- added volume hotkey steps for secondary playback devices.
- updated settings UI.
- updated AutoHotKey binary (v1.1.22.04).
- includes additional minor tweaks.
- added Evade blacklisted processes (exit as predefined process detected / restore when ends).
- updated force Stereo/Surround at windows startup to obey the default startup mode switch delay.
- added alternate volume control (optionally control any playback device currently in use).
- optimized smooth volume steps transition.
- updated AutoHotKey binary (v1.1.22.02).
- added "-silent" command-line switch to silently process commands (no tray icon) and exit app.
- fixed desynchronized vol/mute controls at windows startup as devices info populated too early.
- fixed ZxR DBPro's SPDIF-Out & Digital-In mute controls detection.
- fixed EQ/SBX predefined profiles potential sync issue when also using predefined User profiles.
- fixed issues caused by SBX Pro Studio's video playback window being detected as primary window.
- added external tray icons customization for secondary devices by vendor name (via ini file).
- tweaked category content fade timeout (increased to 5sec).
- fixed GDI memory leak when handling tray icons.
- fixed issue introduced in 1.9.0 with resetting tray icon on volume overlay, etc.
- added debug option to ignore category content fade-in timeout and continue the switch operation.
- fixed stereo direct detection at launch.
- fixed potential bug when switching tray icon.
- tweaked "sleep after mode switch" delay (increased minimum to 30ms, set default to 40ms).
- tweaked category content fade timeout (increased to 4sec).
- added support for latest driver (control panel version 2.15.04).
- added toggle encoder hotkey (inc. synced tray menu item and command-line switch).
- added realtime log viewer.
- added automatic user profiles detection.
- updated user profiles setting UI (inc. tray menu sync with current profile).
- updated device detection.
- more tweaks and fixes (inc. SBCP automation timeout, notify save settings failure, ect...)
- fixed exit sound blaster control panel process after switch may result in missing audio.
- added tray icon customization for secondary playback devices.
- updated primary icon (fixed icon resolutions issue).
- updated "close sound blaster control panel after switch" checkbox to support exit/kill process.
- added 3 additional hotkeys for setting target playback devices.
- refixed Deutsch [de-DE] software lang. pixel offests under win8.
- fixed Russian [ru-RU] software lang. pixel offsets under win8.
- fixed winkey icons shown next to volume hotkeys eventhough winkey not used.
- fixed SBX hotkeys checkboxes issue caused by previous update.
- added default playback device selection to tray menu.
- added toggle playback devices hotkey to "more hotkeys" tab.
- updated tray icons to use transparency.
- includes minor changes & optimizations.
- fixed offests of control panel pixel sampling coordinates for [de-DE] software lang. under Win8.x
- added EQ workaround for ZxR w/o DBPro card installed, while DDL/DTS software packs installed.
- includes minor UI changes.
- fixed tray menu "apply predefined profiles" could be unintentionally disabled in headphones mode
- fixed dpi scaling in settings UI (tool windows position and icons size)
- fixed single button hotkey (w/o modifiers) not displayed in settings
- added left windows key support for hotkeys
- added sbx pro studio hotkeys to "more hotkeys" new tab
- updated handling of command-line params (including fixes and restrictions)
- updated identification of sound blaster control panel executables
- fixed bug in color selection interface results
- added default startup mode switch delay to debug section
- updated launch at windows startup commandline to use -startup param
- fixed bug in "skip control panel close if started open" when using predefined profiles
- fixed active device detection fail when using Stereo Direct mode
- fixed EQ switch fail when Cinematic tab missing from control panel (DDL/DTS Connect packs missing)
- updated tray icon left click action selection (added open SBZ Switcher UI & mute devices)
- added tray icon per mode selection and sync with out-of-scope mode switching
- added default startup mode selection (none/speakers/headphones)
- added color selection interface for volume overlay text & background colors (for volume hotkeys)
- added editable intervals for periodic check for updates, tray icons sync & SPDIF-Out volume sync
- added skip control panel close after switch if control panel has been open beforehand
- updated settings UI and added some options previously accessible by editing ini file only
- updated check for updates at startup to also periodically recheck (default interval: 24h).
- added real-time synchronization of digital output volume (What-U-Hear) with speakers volume control.
- includes minor UI updates and general optimizations.
- removed forgotten debug messagebox when applying profiles
- tweaked check for updates timeout at startup.
- added support links to tray menu / help.
- fixed UI bug.
- added self updating.
- improved instances handling and updated logging.
- rewritten Check for updates (query sourceforge project, informs on new version download).
- added Check for updates at program startup.
- added support for command-line arguments.
- updated instances handling, so arguments can be initiated eventhough an instance was already running, while skipping unneeded startup routines.
- improved device detection (verify device is active).
- added universal keyboard layout support for hotkeys.
- added support for Russian [ru-RU] software language set in SB control panel.
- improved SB control panel software language detection.
- added "Force Full-Range (5.1) on switch to Headphones / startup".
- fixed Force Stereo / Surround routine fail if windows audio cp was previously running.
- fixed tray menu left click occasionally not bringing SB control panel to front on open.
- added assign hotkey to Toggle Force Stereo / Surround in Windows Audio CP, inc. traytip balloon indicator of resulted mode / failure (can be disabled in .ini).
- further improved Force Stereo / Surround routine reliability.
- added visual volume indicator on top of trayicon for volume hotkeys, inc. configurable text/background colors in .ini
- added Manage Digital Output Mute control on mode switch. (SPDIF-Out Mute on switch to headphones / unmute on switch to speakers)
- includes general improvements and minor UI changes.
- improved Force Stereo / Surround routine reliability on switch.
- fixed SBZ Open/Bring to front/Close left click misbehaves when "Always On Top" windows found.
- added support for SBZ Control Panel set to German [de-DE] software language.
- fixed EQ & User Profile switching bug persist in windows 8.
- fixed unnecessary category clicks for various switching in windows 8.
- fixed EQ & User Profile switching could miss the desired profile coordinates.
- added toggle center speaker hotkey in 5.1 surround mode.
- added User profiles item to tray menu for easy switching to specific profile.
- added manage custom User profiles to be listed in right click menu.
- added sub windows docked to primary UI.
- updated some UI / tray menu items text.
- fixed User profiles swapped on speakers/headphones switch.
- fixed "Apply Pro Studio Profile" traymenu item stays enabled when User profile is enabled but set to 0
- tweaked mouse click delay for drop down menus (User profiles and EQ presets).
- changed User profiles tooltips (profile naming scheme is of no relevance as no sync involved)
- added User profiles switching to Pro Studio section.
- added Alert if multiple device entries found in registry (inc. configurable .ini value).
- updated Force stereo / surround functions (language agnostic and better device names support).
- updated Volume hotkey handling (refined smooth transitions).
- updated UI checkbox / radio buttons to use modern theme style.
- includes minor tooltip changes and traytip volume mute indication.
- added Force windows 5.1 surround on switch to stereo speakers mode.
- added Equalizer profiles to Pro Studio section (inc. EQ presets).
- added Equalizer traymenu item (preset aware if profile enabled).
- added Volume up/down hotkeys (inc. steps for each mode and smooth transition).
- added tooltips for some GUI controls.
- added Windows Audio Devices to traymenu Launch items.
- added View Log File to traymenu Help items.
- updated Mute traymenu item checked according to speakers/headphones mute state.
- updated SBX Pro Studio traymenu item checked if in use.
- includes general optimizations, bugfixes and SBZSwitcher.ini changes.
- rewritten mute mixer devices detection. now fully automatic (removed MixerOrder ini section).
- added SBX Bass support to Speakers SBX profile (Stereo only. disabled/ignored in 5.1 configuration).
- improved detection of mutable playback/record devices in mixer. support manual sync for all 5 devices in .ini under MixerOrder section (replaces RecDeviceOrder section)
- enabled fallback to sync with alternative registry entries of SBX features states.
- includes a separate executable with elevated admin rights for troubleshooting startup issues under win8.x
- regular code maintenance.
- added DPI scaling support.
- "hide mouse cursor on switch" disabled by default.
- some minor tweaks forgotten throughout the weekend...
- added support for Sound Blaster Recon3D (beta)
- updated device detection and folders handling.
- added logging and direct forum links under a Help menu item.
- added recording devices order control to SBZSwitcher.ini (under "RecDeviceOrder" section) - can manually sync mute toggles order with SBZ CP Mixer REC list if needed.
- improved s.card detection for where more than one sound blaster card is listed in registry (leftovers etc.)
- added tray mute controls for SPDIF-Out / Digital-In / Microphone / What U Hear
- added assign hotkey to Microphone Mute On/Off
- fixed tray icon left click "SBZ Open/Bring to front/Close" mode conflict in some specific scenarios.
- fixed assigned hotkeys enabled at startup eventhough unchecked/disabled in settings.
- fixed tray icon may become unresponsive if rapidly left-clicking it.
- fixed mouse cursor hide on switch breaks pointer animations.
- fixed Apply SBX Profile bug.
- fixed SBX Profiles miss toggles on switch (where SBX turns on/off while toggling)
- added ignore mode to SBX Profiles edit:
0. no checkmark - turn off feature
1. black checkmark - turn on feature
2. gray checkmark - ignore current feature state
- added Force Stereo Headphones on Switch to Headphones & Startup.
- added menu item "Apply SBX Profile" to current mode.
- SBX Pro Studio Toggles moved to sub menu.
- added SBX Crystalizer and Digital Plus toggles to Tray menu for complete SBX functionality.
- updated TrayTip accordingly.
- added predefine SBX Profiles for Speakers/Headphones modes.
- improved switching for different SBZ control panels colours / layout.
- added option to .ini debug section for disabling cursor hide on switching.
- fixed rare cases where SBZSwitcher might lose sync with SBX settings.
- added sync with SBZ Control Panel via registry (displays current info and switch accordingly).
- added Toggle SBX Surround / Smart Volume / Bass (headphones) to Tray right click menu.
- removed "Switch to..." from Tray right click menu. Switch string now reflects the current mode.
- updated TrayTip (lists current mode, volume, SBX features)
- added Creative ALchemy to launch items.
- added Tray Left Click behaviour control to settings GUI (3 modes).
- added Tray Icon changes color to gray while switching.
- updated SBZ CP launch mechanism for when SBZ Tray Icon is available / not hidden.
- added Assign hotkey for Speakers/Headphones switch (fullscreen aware).
- further internal improvements.
version 1.3.2 beta:
- added Assign hotkey for Speakers/Headphones switch
- Fixed occasionally fails switching to headphones.
- Fixed occasionally fails switching if configured to not close SBZ afterwards.
- Fixed occasionally annoying volume spike on headphones when switching to speakers.
- Added "donate" item to Tray's right click menu (hidden by default).
- Added Open/Close SBZ CP on Tray Icon Left click.
- Added launch items (SBZ CP & SBSS Console).
- Added Mute toggle.
- Added Tray Icon color selection.
- Fixed switch failing on Basic & High Contrast win7 themes.
- Fixed switching when SBZ CP window is placed outside desktop area
- Fixed SBZ.exe Path handling.
- Moved specific switching to sub menu. Last switch check marked.
- Various reliability & cosmetics improvements.
- initial release