Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: XFi Titanium PCIe Windows 8.1

Contributor

Re: XFi Titanium PCIe Windows 8.1

Xtreme Music is working fine in W8.1.

Hey guys.

I spoke with customer support from Creative... and I did the procedure he said to do and my sound system start to blast again... =)

Here is the procedure... just copy from his email... hope you got it too!!

"Thank you for the reply and the details provided. Regarding your issue, please let me know if going to the Creative Audio Control Panel, in the "Mode" tab, if you change the the mode, let's say from "entertainment mode" to "game mode", do you get sound after changing the mode?"

Good Lucky!

CAIO

Check out my post under the thread, Sticky: Beta drivers for SB-x-fi series. works for me.
    Good luck

Hello,
    Well, I had no problem with my Titanium and Windows 8.1, and all of the sudden, I started to get BSOD every 5 minutes or less. I thought it was a hardware problem but I found out it was because of the Titanium. I plugged my Logitech G35, thus not using the Titanium, and my computer was stable as a rock again. When I started to use the Titanium, BSOD here it comes...
    Not sure I want to wait to get a fix, this is bloody annoying! I think I'll try to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers, but I doubt it will work.
    Considering buying a new card, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by LeKeiser View Post
    Hello,
    Well, I had no problem with my Titanium and Windows 8.1, and all of the sudden, I started to get BSOD every 5 minutes or less. I thought it was a hardware problem but I found out it was because of the Titanium. I plugged my Logitech G35, thus not using the Titanium, and my computer was stable as a rock again. When I started to use the Titanium, BSOD here it comes...
    Not sure I want to wait to get a fix, this is bloody annoying! I think I'll try to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers, but I doubt it will work.
    Considering buying a new card, actually.
    Wishing you luck there friend. If it don't work with the Sound Blaster Titanium drivers on the reinstall, why not try the PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Drivers. Been working for me for about a week and no hiccups yet. Streaming BluRay 1080p DTS movies to my sound system and HDTV rocks the house. I will be keeping these installed on my system

Cheers

Contributor

I managed to make X-Fi Titanium work fine in Windows 8.1 with latest driver from January 2013 for Windows 8 without any issue.

1. Install driver and restart at the end as the installation requires.
    2. After you log-in back in windows go to Control Panel -> Sound
    3. Click on speakers and then at the bottom Properties
    4. Click Sound Blaster tab and then Settings
    5. Click Restore Defaults tab and then Restore Defaults button
    6. Shut down your PC.
    7. Power on your PC, log-in in windows and then you can make whatever settings you want. (5.1, Flexijack, etc)

After restart they won't be lost or no sound.

You can continue to install Dolby and DTS packs after that.
    Last edited by simi_id; 12-09-2013 at 07:25 AM.

I solved it in another way :) (I don't remember completely, maybe settings resetting really helped me)

So, my solution is to Reset Security Policies

I did it because I didn't want to type my password every time I left my pc. And this was a fix to the problem.
    So, now all problems gone. Everything fine :)

Upd.
    Well, problem returned after one of system updates.
    I reinstalled driver, that helped me.
    Last edited by city2026; 01-31-2014 at 12:32 AM.