Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XFi Titanium PCIe Windows 8.1

Question XFi Titanium PCIe Windows 8.1

Hi,

Is there a new driver for the XFi Titanium PCIe for Windows 8.1 addressing those issues:

1) No sound after reboot
    2) Settings not saving

I'm seeing a beta drive but it looks for the PCI cards... The driver doesn't detect my card so it wont install...

Thanks.

Re: XFi Titanium PCIe Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by SpOuK3 View Post
    Hi,

Is there a new driver for the XFi Titanium PCIe for Windows 8.1 addressing those issues:

1) No sound after reboot
    2) Settings not saving

I'm seeing a beta drive but it looks for the PCI cards... The driver doesn't detect my card so it wont install...

Thanks.
    That means it will not work with the Audigy Platinum ex. I do not want to lose the functionality of my device. Moreover Creative not yet released drivers for Windows 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by SpOuK3 View Post
    1) No sound after reboot
    2) Settings not saving
    I have the exact same problem as you, bloody annoying

Quote Originally Posted by greyze View Post
    I have the exact same problem as you, bloody annoying
    The old workaround we needed when Win 8.0 came out still works. Set up all your settings. Put PC to SLEEP. Wake up, then reboot. From then on your settings should stick and sound remain working between boots. Kinda silly we need to resort to this on what amounts to a service pack, but lets face it. No one else is making audio cards these days so Creative can pretty much afford to not give a crap. Although at this point I wonder if I should just switch to on board sound and be done with all this mess.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
    The old workaround we needed when Win 8.0 came out still works. Set up all your settings. Put PC to SLEEP. Wake up, then reboot. From then on your settings should stick and sound remain working between boots. Kinda silly we need to resort to this on what amounts to a service pack, but lets face it. No one else is making audio cards these days so Creative can pretty much afford to not give a crap. Although at this point I wonder if I should just switch to on board sound and be done with all this mess.

This did not work for me. I tried everything to get it to work. I ended up replacing the card with the new ZX and after the sleep trick this card seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
    The old workaround we needed when Win 8.0 came out still works.
    Thank you thank you for that... I was starting to regret "upgrading" to Windows 8.1, but thanks to your simple fix the settings seems to stick around. Will I need to do this again on a regular basis?

I went with my Realtek HD audio (Onboard) wow... It's working... Headphone detection and all those settings stay when I reboot... + 1 PCIe slot empty

I will not wait for a driver a year long Will see when it will be available... Maybe, maybe i'll put my creative back inside.

Thanks for "not" answering my question Creative.

I should have read these forums before deciding to go for Windows 8 *again* (last I had to go back to Windows 7, due to driver issues). Now, I figured they had to have to worked that out by now, and decided to to a fresh install of Windows 8 and then upgrade to 8.1, and now I have no sound after rebooting after installing the driver.

I seriously doubt that I'll ever be purchasing anything Creative again.

Top Contributor

New drivers from me soon. Like I said best you save your setting first then put sleep mode then wake computer then reboot that would save your settings. Plus I added better installing support for windows 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by robertmc8 View Post
    New drivers from me soon. Like I said best you save your setting first then put sleep mode then wake computer then reboot that would save your settings. Plus I added better installing support for windows 8.1.
    Is there any date we can expect this?

By the way, I noticed sound crackling as well while playing music on Media Player with the Windows 8 driver. I've went back to onboard sound until this is fixed.