Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 3.4 (07/08/2015) - Updated Auzentech drivers

Visitor

Re: SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 3.4 (07/08/2015) - Updated Auzentech drivers

Hello from Bulgaria.

So I have an Auzentech X-Fi HTHD and I'm running Win10 10240. I've tried the 3.3 pack, which gave some error during installation, after that I've uninstalled and cleaned it, and installed the 3.4 pack, which didn't give any errors during installation, however I've tried setting the Creative Mixer to Audio Creation Mode and to Shut Down right after that - Windows won't save this, when I login the Mixer is back to Game Mode.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    Hello from Bulgaria.

So I have an Auzentech X-Fi HTHD and I'm running Win10 10240. I've tried the 3.3 pack, which gave some error during installation, after that I've uninstalled and cleaned it, and installed the 3.4 pack, which didn't give any errors during installation, however I've tried setting the Creative Mixer to Audio Creation Mode and to Shut Down right after that - Windows won't save this, when I login the Mixer is back to Game Mode.

Any ideas?
    I had and issue similar to this, Only my EQ settings would not save or any settings would save for that matter, on the RTM build using the 3.3 drivers. Ill test out the 3.4 drivers and see what it does. Alot of users have reported that the new drivers work flawlessly!

First of all, thanks for these updates! There is technically a Windows 8.1 driver for the X-Fi XtremeGamer, but I never had any success getting it to work. I only had brief spurts of sound once in a blue moon, though the Windows 7 drivers worked - albeit without being able to save settings.

Is that the driver this mod is based on? It seems to be functioning about the same. Despite 3.3 saying it fixes the saving issues, I did have to first swap audio modes to get the driver running, and I noticed on reboot that the settings didn't save. So I have to assume this is not based on the 8.1 drivers?

Still - my old card is working, and that can tide me over until I'm ready to replace my MoBo/CPU. (I may theoretically have another PCIe to slot a new sound card in, but I need the new MoBo anyway.)

--

Well, it's possible they are saving now. On my first reboot they had reset but I just went back in and it all seemed the same.
    Last edited by Silarn; 07-18-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: update

Hmm, so is there a fix for build 10240? Or am I experiencing something different? This support pack has worked nicely in previous builds, but in the latest one my X-Fi Titanium HD shows up as "High Definition Audio Device" and I can't get it to buy the new drivers, and of course if doesn't give any sound either. If I try to install it manually and select the driver from the driver directory, it simply states that it's the wrong driver and it cannot start. And also that the driver is not compatible.

Anyone experiencing this as well? This is a Titanium HD PCI-e.

Edit: So I've tried everything I can thing of now. Cleaned out drivers with Driver Sweeper, installed again. Guess I'm going back to Windows 8.1 until there's a fix
    Last edited by wwraver; 07-19-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wwraver View Post
    Hmm, so is there a fix for build 10240? Or am I experiencing something different? This support pack has worked nicely in previous builds, but in the latest one my X-Fi Titanium HD shows up as "High Definition Audio Device" and I can't get it to buy the new drivers, and of course if doesn't give any sound either. If I try to install it manually and select the driver from the driver directory, it simply states that it's the wrong driver and it cannot start. And also that the driver is not compatible.

Anyone experiencing this as well? This is a Titanium HD PCI-e.

Edit: So I've tried everything I can thing of now. Cleaned out drivers with Driver Sweeper, installed again. Guess I'm going back to Windows 8.1 until there's a fix
    It's work, but now I have to reboot my sound card via device manager every time after windows boot or I had "no sound" bug.

Quote Originally Posted by BF View Post
    It's work, but now I have to reboot my sound card via device manager every time after windows boot or I had "no sound" bug.
    Well, that's the thing, it doesn't work. No driver in the 3.3 or 3.4 support pack works with the Titanium HD PCIe version on version Windows 10 build 10240 for me. If I can't even install the driver manually through the device manager...

The card is only recognized as High Definition Audio Device and nothing else, it does not buy the driver from the support pack although the installation goes through just fine. I can disable/enable the card or reboot all I want, there is no sound.

I have, like I said, cleaned out all the drivers with Driver Sweeper as well. Reinstalled etc. Nothing works

Edit: Btw, this is a fresh install of build 10240. Not an upgraded one. Maybe installing it on a previous version and then upgrading to 10240 works. But not on a fresh one, unless there's something I'm missing.
    Last edited by wwraver; 07-19-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Guru

I don't have a Titanium HD to test and don't know anyone who has one.

All I can say is that the current X-Fi PCI and X-Fi Titanium PCIe work and save settings by using the shutdown trick.

New Auzen Windows 8.1 drivers for Forte and HTHD also work in the same way.
    I do NOT provide personal technical support by Private Message (PM).
    If you have any issues, please create a new topic in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by de_MAX View Post
    It's funny question, but how soon it will be?
    Just released.
    I do NOT provide personal technical support by Private Message (PM).
    If you have any issues, please create a new topic in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

Trusted Contributor

Hello, daniel_k! Thanks for your work! My friend with X-Fi Titanium on Win10 10240 is trying to set Entertainment mode by default and shutting down don't help - mode is always switched to Game at startup. For me (X-Fi Forte) game mode is default and other settings seems to be saved correctly on shutdown. Can you, please, provide some info on settings storing/resetting mechanism to look at, maybe we can change this settings manually (not via Creative panel, but regedit maybe)?

Contributor

Thanks for this great driver pack. Without it our Auzentech sound cards will be dead on Windows 10.

I have Auzentech X-Fi Home Theatre HD. Same problem as reply #21 and #29 - After power on or reboot, mode often change to Game Mode automatically. (although I choosed Entertainment Mode as default mode during installation)