Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dolby Digital Live and DTS No Longer Working After Windows 10 Driver Update (Sound Blaster Z)

Re: Dolby Digital Live and DTS No Longer Working After Windows 10 Driver Update (Sound Blaster Z)

This apparently has been an issue with MS since WINXP. I had to reload my computer and all of the sudden my XFi Fatal1ty Champion series front panel quit working. Then an after an update to the XP OS, and everything started working. It still isn't working, and MS doesn't seemed to be very concerned.

Re: Dolby Digital Live and DTS No Longer Working After Windows 10 Driver Update (Sound Blaster Z)

Dolby Digital Live is now working with the Windows 10 Build 10565.

325fdfys.jpg
    http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,3642.html
    Last edited by Ame -Rej; 10-23-2015 at 09:51 PM.

it does work "partially" in my case when using digital out and DDL when playing music it maps only front speakers , center and sub but rear are mute , before I remember when I was using it all speakers where active , this may now be a thing from Creative and driver and DDL update ,at least for my Soundblaster OMNI.

Yes at the beginning the rear speakers are mute.
    After the Windows Build 10565Update I get install the Creatvie Windos 10 drivers new and disable in the THX TruStudio Pro - Surround and activate new. now full 5.1 @ dolby digital live @windows 10
    Last edited by Ame -Rej; 10-27-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvojinov View Post
    it does work "partially" in my case when using digital out and DDL when playing music it maps only front speakers , center and sub but rear are mute , before I remember when I was using it all speakers where active , this may now be a thing from Creative and driver and DDL update ,at least for my Soundblaster OMNI.
    Hi dvojinov,

This article about the audio output behaviors of Sound Blaster may help you.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Visitor

I use an X-fi, using the optical-out, to connect to my Samsung 7.1 sound bar.

Since installing the latest driver for Windows 10 I am getting 7.1 and I am grateful!

The previous poster mentioned he could not get Dolby enabled and I had the same problem. It would simply hang for a minute then default back to OFF.

Like most I usually configure my SB through the audio control panel accessible through the playback device properties in win 10.

For some reason today I launched the CREATIVE CONSOLE LAUNCHER. When I got to the settings THERE to enable Dolby it told me the CREATIVE AUDIO SERVICE was not on and to reinstall. I went to SERVICES, ENABLED then STARTED the service, and was then able to activate DOLBY.

I haven't tested it and don't care about it because I don't like to alter or color my sound and music. I just signed up here to share based on what I read from the last poster.

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ame -Rej View Post
    Dolby Digital Live is now working with the Windows 10 Build 10565.

325fdfys.jpg
    http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,3642.html
    Glad to see this now works. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 there has been a ton of small things broken that I could never have anticipated. For example, my wireless headset was turning itself off randomly and I ended up having to go delete a driver folder to make it not get detected by software manager, which was causing the issue.

Wasn't there an option to install (working) Windows 8 drivers, in compatibility mode, under Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by asarian View Post
    Wasn't there an option to install (working) Windows 8 drivers, in compatibility mode, under Windows 10?
    Hi asarian,

The issue of Dolby Digital Live! DTS no longer working was happening in the older version of Windows 10 update.

I have rarely seen such issues nowadays.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi asarian,

The issue of Dolby Digital Live! DTS no longer working was happening in the older version of Windows 10 update.

I have rarely seen such issues nowadays.
    Ah, okay, my bad. Thx.