Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dolby Digital Live and DTS No Longer Working After Windows 10 Driver Update (Sound Blaster Z)

Re: Dolby Digital Live and DTS No Longer Working After Windows 10 Driver Update (Sound Blaster Z)

Quote Originally Posted by asarian View Post
    Ah, okay, my bad. Thx.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Re: Dolby Digital Live and DTS No Longer Working After Windows 10 Driver Update (Sound Blaster Z)

i am having the same problem, i have tried everything i could find on the forums. not sure what else to do.....

Quote Originally Posted by ArwdAssassain View Post
    i am having the same problem, i have tried everything i could find on the forums. not sure what else to do.....
    Hi ArwdAssassain,

You may want to give more details about your problem on your post.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Hello, I have SoundBlaster X-Fi, lately I installed windows 10, and I have exacly this problem - in creative control panel I can`t change output to dolby or dts, so everywhere I have 2.0 sound. I`m using optical cable to connect to my amplifier - this one always shows me how many audio canal is reciving. On previous system (win 8.1, and almost every other prevoius) when I choosen dts or dolby - I always had 5.1 showed on my amplifier. Now, I only can get this in one place - in spdif out properietis, there is a test for dts and dolby - so it works fine, but as soon as test stop - amplifier goes from 5.1 to 2.0 (this never happened in prevoius windows versions).

I also tested movies and other things with 5.1, and always rear speakers don`t work - insted I hear sound from front.

Could you possibly elaborate a little more?

I haven't been able to find a fix for my problem either. I'm using a Logitech z906 5.1 system with a SoundBlaster Z sound card and since the upgrade to Win 10 I've lost the "cinematic" tab on the SB Control Panel. I've consistently updated the drivers (both Creative and Realtek) but when I go to uninstall something I can't find Dolby Digital Live or DTS Live. I'm assuming the two issues are directly related. Any help would be awesome, this is not my area of expertise lol I'm more of a hardware guy. `

Hi guys.
    Well i have had similar problems with my SBZ , i've had it working well under windows 10 because i did the upgrade not a clean install.
    However since the last big update i believe it was the anniversary update my dts and 5.1 options uder the controle panel were gone and it had some strange noises. I tyred the card out under windows 7 and it worked fine so the card worked , i started tinkering and well this is what i found and did to get my DTS and 5.1 options back and working of course.

1: In the bios i turned off my integrated soundcard.
    2: Uninstalled my nvidia graffics card drivers and programs.
    3: Passed ccleaner to clean registry and such
    4: Install the latest nvidia drivers
    5: Turned of my HDMI sound output thru my nvidia card
    6: Installed the latest drivers for my soundblaster Z card

And there it was again . Personally i believe it was the nvidia HDMI sound setting that were acting up. My graffics card is a GTX 770 lighting from MSI.

I'm not sure if there are similar setting like that in AMD cards but it's worth a try i guess.

So for a quick and dirty test go check out your sound thru HDMI settings on your graffics card and turn it OFF.

I hope this info helps as i couldn't find it anywere.
    Sorry for my spelling as i'm not native english.
    I will check back often to see if it helped or if you need help.
    Last edited by Robsth; 10-12-2016 at 04:08 AM.

Try this:
    After you uninstall the driver and the dolby/dts pack go to the registry and delete all creative/ddl/dts entries

-current user/software - every ddl/dts/creative but probably you dont find any here...
    -local machine/software - every creative/dd/dts from there and then go to wow6432node then delete creative and ddl/dts from there too.
    driver sweeper and ccleaner also helpful but you have to go to the registry manually...

After that you can reinstall your driver and the cinematic tab will be back, the problem is the uninstaller doesnt delete the dolby/dts licence from the registry or maybe you deleted the creative folder from your program data folder.

Ah yes that is true i also deleted some loose creative DTS and 5.1 installers i had, although i didn't have to do it manually i could see it under installed programs and just use the uninstallers from there.