Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

Visitor

Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

I have a Sound Blaster Z and have had almost no functionality from it since Windows 10, maybe 1 boot out of 20 it will detect and give me control of my headphones, speakers and Mic.
    I got this from the ID utility

The following Creative devices were detected:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00231102
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_11020023

I'll give it 1 more try if anyone has any ideas that i can try.

I have tried putting it in different slots, stock windows driver, maybe 3 creative drivers and web update mode, minimal installs, all feature installs, disable/enable on board audio in the BIOS, disable/enable AMD vid driver audio component.
    I hope someone has some ideas that can help.

Thanks in Advance

John

Quote Originally Posted by JCurse View Post
    I have a Sound Blaster Z and have had almost no functionality from it since Windows 10, maybe 1 boot out of 20 it will detect and give me control of my headphones, speakers and Mic.
    I got this from the ID utility

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00231102
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_11020023

I'll give it 1 more try if anyone has any ideas that i can try.

I have tried putting it in different slots, stock windows driver, maybe 3 creative drivers and web update mode, minimal installs, all feature installs, disable/enable on board audio in the BIOS, disable/enable AMD vid driver audio component.
    I hope someone has some ideas that can help.

Thanks in Advance

John
    Hi JCurse,

You can try to do a manual install of the driver in Safe Mode.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Visitor

i'll try that 2morrow nite and let you know

Visitor

It errored during install in safe mode but does work, not all was installed but looks like the driver portion was installed, has worked for 5 boots now and Vegas now properly uses the ASIO driver. The SB control panel does not come on at boot up but does work. I'll try the mic and headphones later and let you know if they work.
    Thanks
    John

It errored during install in safe mode but does work, not all was installed but looks like the driver portion was installed, has worked for 5 boots now and Vegas now properly uses the ASIO driver. The SB control panel does not come on at boot up but does work. I'll try the mic and headphones later and let you know if they work.
    Thanks
    John
    Hi JCurse,

After the driver is manually installed in Safe Mode, you can run the driver executable file again.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Visitor

Well it worked good for about 10 re boots, almost 2 weeks, then i booted 1 day and it would not detect again, I think maybe Windoze 10 updated something and that kind of stopped it again. I did some looking up to turn off auto updates and it doesn't seem to easy to do it, they seem to have buried that ability way deep inside making it very difficult to turn off, i did try to uninstall it with no luck, still will not detect. I just updated my Radeon drivers that i know has a audio component and still no sound card detect again.
    What do you think i can try again besides going back to Windows 7?
    Even doing a clean install of Windows 10 is possible but i can't lose my MS Office install which looks like a slight possibility.
    And can you get rid off those above posts that have nothing to do with this thread so people can get some real work done.
    Thanks
    John
    Last edited by JCurse; 02-10-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Well it worked good for about 10 re boots, almost 2 weeks, then i booted 1 day and it would not detect again, I think maybe Windoze 10 updated something and that kind of stopped it again. I did some looking up to turn off auto updates and it doesn't seem to easy to do it, they seem to have buried that ability way deep inside making it very difficult to turn off, i did try to uninstall it with no luck, still will not detect. I just updated my Radeon drivers that i know has a audio component and still no sound card detect again.
    What do you think i can try again besides going back to Windows 7?
    Even doing a clean install of Windows 10 is possible but i can't lose my MS Office install which looks like a slight possibility.
    And can you get rid off those above posts that have nothing to do with this thread so people can get some real work done.
    Thanks
    John
    Hi John,

Do you want to try to disable Fast Boot in Bios and try to boot other removable drives before your main drive?

Your computer may be booting faster than the time the sound card take to initialize.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Visitor

I did not get to change any settings in the BIOS but Windoze did some more updates and it has been working good for the last 3 days. I will let you know if it stops working again. So frustrating as i never know if i will be able to edit audio properly in videos and such.
    Thanks
    John

Hi Daniel!
    I had a problem with the sound card onkyo SE-300.
    The sound card is no longer determined by the operating system Win7 x64. 1st revision cards.
    I tried to reinstall the drivers, but the card is not detected ...
    Maybe the whole thing is the fault eeprom? And how is it possible to restore the eeprom?

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00201102
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11020010

Pls, help me!
    Last edited by aidarin; 04-23-2016 at 11:00 PM.