Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

  1. #1
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,209

    Cool Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    I've updated the Creative Device ID Utility so it can now detect Creative devices in all buses (PCI / PCIe, HDAUDIO, INTELAUDIO and USB).

    Having problems with cannot detect device errors?

    Run this simple little utility and post the detection log.

    It doesn't require administrator privileges and uses the same Windows APIs used to detect and enumerate devices.



    Download: CTDevice.zip or Google Drive
    Last edited by daniel_k; 08-11-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    I do NOT provide personal technical support by Private Message (PM).
    If you have any issues, please create a new topic in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

  2. #2

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Hello Daniel..

    Pls find my Audigy device ID details..

    its a Audigy model no SB0090

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00401102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_4001&SUBSYS_00000000


    How much every i try in windows 7 and windows 10
    The Driver Pack Verson 5.3 created by you does not
    detect my device..

    Where as Driver Pack version 4.5 works fine on Windows 7

    I tired something else in windows 10..i manually went
    to teh drivers directory and tried installing the WDM
    drivers from there(Screen shot Attachted)
    ..it works on stereo mode..but the moment i switch to
    multi channel mode..the sound output is totally lost.
    and does not come back even if i restart my PC..


    Your help will be appreciated as i want to get this
    card working on windows 10..

    Thanks..AUD.jpg

  3. #3
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,209

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcrazy View Post
    Hello Daniel..

    Pls find my Audigy device ID details..

    its a Audigy model no SB0090

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00401102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_4001&SUBSYS_00000000


    How much every i try in windows 7 and windows 10
    The Driver Pack Verson 5.3 created by you does not
    detect my device..

    Where as Driver Pack version 4.5 works fine on Windows 7

    I tired something else in windows 10..i manually went
    to teh drivers directory and tried installing the WDM
    drivers from there(Screen shot Attachted)
    ..it works on stereo mode..but the moment i switch to
    multi channel mode..the sound output is totally lost.
    and does not come back even if i restart my PC..


    Your help will be appreciated as i want to get this
    card working on windows 10..

    Thanks..AUD.jpg
    The EEPROM on your card is corrupted or damaged.

    SUBSYS_00401102 and SUBSYS_00000000 are invalid values for both devices.

    Those values are stored in the EEPROM.

    Unfortunately you are stuck with Support Pack 4.5.

    I can make SP 5.3 install on your card, but you won't get any audio from it.
    I do NOT provide personal technical support by Private Message (PM).
    If you have any issues, please create a new topic in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,209

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Creative Device ID Utility updated to version 2.1.0.0.

    - detects third party HD Audio codecs used by Creative (Audigy FX)
    - supports devices connected to Intel Audio bus.
    I do NOT provide personal technical support by Private Message (PM).
    If you have any issues, please create a new topic in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

  5. #5
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28

    Cool Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_k View Post
    Creative Device ID Utility updated to version 2.1.0.0.

    - detects third party HD Audio codecs used by Creative (Audigy FX)
    - supports devices connected to Intel Audio bus.
    The following Creative devices were detected:

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00101102
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_11020041

    ^ there it is

    My pci-e card is a SB1570 Audigy FX 5.1

  6. #6

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    ran utility:

    The following Creative devices were detected:


    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00101102
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_11020023

    d/l new driver pack from windows 10 support page, ran file.
    still no sound.
    when i click sound blaster icon get message: 'the current selected audio device is disabled, not present, not supported...'

  7. #7
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,209

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Quote Originally Posted by dvdcrazy View Post
    Hello Daniel..

    Pls find my Audigy device ID details..

    its a Audigy model no SB0090

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_00401102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_4001&SUBSYS_00000000


    How much every i try in windows 7 and windows 10
    The Driver Pack Verson 5.3 created by you does not
    detect my device..

    Where as Driver Pack version 4.5 works fine on Windows 7

    I tired something else in windows 10..i manually went
    to teh drivers directory and tried installing the WDM
    drivers from there(Screen shot Attachted)
    ..it works on stereo mode..but the moment i switch to
    multi channel mode..the sound output is totally lost.
    and does not come back even if i restart my PC..


    Your help will be appreciated as i want to get this
    card working on windows 10..

    Thanks..AUD.jpg
    Hi,

    did some tests and managed to add support for your card.

    Feedback is appreciated, so please try it.

    Cheers,
    Daniel
    I do NOT provide personal technical support by Private Message (PM).
    If you have any issues, please create a new topic in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

  8. #8

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Hi Daniel,

    I'm having some trouble as well trying to install my SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro using the latest 6.0 Audigy Support pack for Windows 10. I'm getting the error that the setup won't continue because it doesn't detect a supported product on my system. I was previously running Windows 7 Pro and using the sound card without any issues.

    I did try running the CT Detection program you posted and it returned the following information:

    The following Creative devices were detected:


    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00211102
    Do you have any advice on if this can be fixed?

    Thanks for your help!

    Lance

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,209

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Quote Originally Posted by 311junkie View Post
    Hi Daniel,

    I'm having some trouble as well trying to install my SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro using the latest 6.0 Audigy Support pack for Windows 10. I'm getting the error that the setup won't continue because it doesn't detect a supported product on my system. I was previously running Windows 7 Pro and using the sound card without any issues.

    I did try running the CT Detection program you posted and it returned the following information:



    Do you have any advice on if this can be fixed?

    Thanks for your help!

    Lance
    You've got an X-Fi.

    DEV_0005 = X-Fi
    DEV_0004 or DEV_0008 = Audigy
    I do NOT provide personal technical support by Private Message (PM).
    If you have any issues, please create a new topic in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

  10. #10

    Re: Creative Device ID Utility - Helps to diagnose device detection errors

    Good Evening Daniel K,

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00431102

    X-Fi Champ1on Series

    ~Thanks,

    Yoshister

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •