Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156
Results 1,551 to 1,557 of 1557

Thread: Experience with your Creative Player

Re: Experience with your Creative Player?

Capacity - 30 GB
    DATE - 2007. November
    PRICE - 40000 HUF (At that time it was about 80 Euro)
    COUNTRY - Hungary
    ACCESSORIES - TV out cable, third party (4000 HUF ~5-8 Euro), Sennheiser CX300II (9000 HUF ~ 40 Euro)

SOUND QUALITY - With correct EQ settings it is quite good
    USER INTERFACE - Yeah, very customizable and clear on the player. I don't use the software that came with it, i upload files using the MediaAudio plugin of Total Commander.
    BATTERY - Just checked today: 5 hours of video still, on it's display continuously. (I use the player on a daily basis since i purchased it, 2-3 hours/day with rare exceptions) [The videos were not customized for the player at all, general 75 MB/20 minutes tv rips]
    SOME COMMENTS - The player is not bug free at all, but fortunately i did not find any fatal problems. It does what it should perfectly, plays music and videos, sometimes better than my dedicated hardwares (dicx capable dvd player), but sometimes it does wierd things: it simply turns on the tv-out, and i cannot see anything until i reset it, sometimes the electrons from the battery simply fly out after a full charge and i need to charge it again (These are rare problems, but constant ones, they occur once in 3-4 months). Just a few days ago i thought that it is dead (again), i tried everything, but it did not work. I already started to check the net for a replacement player, when suddenly the disc checker of windows cured it for some reason
    Generally it could be better, but i am satisfied with the player very much. Still very smart, and always with me And it will be with me until it's hdd or battery will not die permanently.

Just as a sidenote: will it's software/hardware specification ever be opened? Since it is not supported officially, rockbox would be cool (on my ipod [that is not my primary player ] it works quite fine).
    Last edited by KokChoy; 10-28-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Re: Experience with your Creative Player.

@sirloyne

Apologies. I meant to say there was nothing else on the market which met my requirements other than the Cowon j3. The other poster was unreasonably rude to you, but i was simply the victim of poor typing. Perhaps if creative sorted their crap out, we'd not be on here discussing alternati'ves.

Re: Experience with your Creative Player

Type: Zen Style M300
    Capacity: 8 GB

Cons:

1) Poor volume.
    2) Touch buttons not very responsive and badly placed.
    3) You cannot browse file by folder. A big missing.

Pro:

1) Compact.
    2) Expandable with a SDHC card (up to 32 GB).
    3) Good battery duration (20 hours).
    4) Have radio.

I'm disappointed.

Can't remember all the details.

My first "good" MP3 player was a Creative Nomad Jukebox 2 (biggest complaint about Creative! Please, can we have SIMPLER names?! ) This was back in 2002, I think. Huge by current standards -- about 2/3 the size of a portable CD player -- and it held 10 GB of MP3s. It had a user-replaceable battery, which I replaced in 2005. In 2007 the hard drive began to have problems, which is not bad at all considering that I only used it while hiking!

Next player was a Creative Zen Sleek Photo. Great sound, easy to use, a lot smaller and lighter than the NJB2. The battery wore out by 2008. I wish it was user replaceable.

I got a refurb Creative Vision:M before the ZSP battery died completely. An excellent player, the controls are similar to the ZSP but not as "twitchy." I still have it, but the battery doesn't hold much of a charge.

The two everyday players I use currently are a 4 GB Creative Zen V Plus, and a 32 GB Creative Zen. The Zen is my absolute favorite, but the V plus is smaller and goes with me on short trips.

I got my kids MuVo Slims for their first MP3 players, years ago. My daughter still has hers, with a new, user-replaceable battery. My son now has a Creative Mozaic.

Obviously, I really like Creative players. They sound great and I've had no complaints about useability or reliability, going back almost 10 years!

My only real gripe is that Creative has abandoned the idea of a user replaceable battery. However, this seems to be an industry trend.
    Last edited by capn_easy; 02-19-2012 at 12:36 PM.

I have Ziisound T6.

- Premium wireless speaker system with surround sound
    - Works with all compatible stereo Bluetooth devices
    - Digital 5.1 audio via USB

I like it too much awesome sound with clarity and bass blaster

Zen Xtra 40 GB

Model #DAP-HD0011

manufactured 2003-4 (?)

bought in 2004

COUNTRY – USA

Price - $200+

Operating System at time
    Windows 98 – At Time of Purchase

I had Windows 98 Operating System and the device worked PERFECT. I know
    this device is old and I still love it. I can still hook-up this device to my
    home stereo for parties and etc.

Operating System Windows 7 – NOW

I can’t complain because this device has been awesome and only started
    having a minor problem in the last couple of years. However, I have a new
    laptop (Windows 7 OS) and my laptop will not recognize the device and I don’t
    see a driver for this device or firmware? I would love to add more music to the
    device, but my new laptop will not recognize the device. I have a lot of songs,
    but still want to add more and could use any workarounds or suggestions?
    Last edited by cdholmes25; 05-03-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Experience with your Creative Player

Zen X-Fi 3
    8 GB
    August 2013
    80€
    Italy
    The volume is extremely low due to an absolutely wrong European normative. However, MP3 manufacturers are not forced to adopt this normative. Or, at least, they can let user decide (other MP3 player producers have the option 'low/high volume'). I have to upload a non original firmware to my X-Fi 3 or I cannot use it (unaudible). When Creative will decide to give supports to its European customers about this issue?