Page 5 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Experience with your Creative Player

Contributor

Re: Experience with your Creative Player

Nomad Jukebox #. Worked great until it croaked.
    Nomad Jukebox #2. Worked great until it croaked.
    Nomad Jukebox 3. Worked great until it croaked.
    Nomad Zen Xtra 40gb. Wonderful so far! Had it a few months with no problems. I just love this player.
    Can't see why so many people are sucked into the hype about the overpriced Ipod.
    I also have a Muvo TX FM, works great.
    Thinking of a Zen Micro now....
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Thread stickied for now.

Cat
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Zen Micro 5 GB

Sound: Great
    Stlying: Great
    Headphones: Good
    Battery: Very Good (8-9 With Menu Usage Hours For Me)
    Package Value: Good

Reliablity: Abismal
    Warranty Services: International Call Rates!!
    Reccomend to your mate factor (out of 0): -0

Got this player and had endless problems, you name it formats, safe modes, reloads, new firmware, old firmware, cables, USB cards, USB, USB2, Different Computers, On Laptops on Desktops i have tried them all, im not thick. I Know when my product has faults. Forums littered with reports of locking like i am getting no one wants to know!!!

Had to ring ireland to get RMA!
    Have to send invoice to prove warranty!
    Have to post it back!
    Have to wait for another!

Trusted Contributor

TYPE - Zen Micro)Capacity - 5 GigsDATE - around December 2, 2004ACCESSORIES - All from different manufacturers: 2 headphones, armband case, materials to make waterproof case.SOUND QUALITY - Excellent.USER INTERFACE - Good.SOME COMMENTS - Yes.SUGGESTIONS - See http://forums.creative.com/creativel...message.id=808BATTERY LIFE - Haven't measured. Probably 6-7 hours, WMA-VBR with equalization.

Creative Zen Touch 20gb
    Bought December 28 2004
    Cost: $329.95cdn before GST
    CanadaSound rocks along with the interface, super easy to use. Lots of features. Battery is awesome, never tested for full length though, recharge it at night. I am liking it alot and would like to get another Creative in the future, possibly a Zen Micro.

Trusted Contributor

I have the silver Zen Micro.

Sound: Great
    Looks: Great
    User Interface: Very Good
    Headphones: Good
    Battery: Very Good (0 hrs avg)
    Value: Excellent
    PC Software for interfacing with device: <i>Positi'vely Sucks Ass </i>

The Music Library is guaranteed to lock up (00% CPU) Windows 2000! I've reinstalled twice, but if I try to use the "Organize Music in Device" feature, I <i>will have to</i> forcibly end task it if it doesn't crash first. This is a 00%-of-the-time kind of thing.

Very disappointing. Still, the Micro itself has been bullet-proof. It's never crashed on me once and has incredible sound quality (particularly with WMA). If creative can fix the PC software and USB issues, then the Micro will be perfect.
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 03:46 PM.

TYPE - Zen Micro Silver
    Capacity - 5 gb
    DATE - December 0
    PRICE - 350 cdn (with extended warranty)
    COUNTRY - Canada
    ACCESSORIES - i want a friggin remote!!! but no stores are selling it.

SOUND QUALITY - excellent
    USER INTERFACE - very easy to use, but sometimes i skip over the item i wanted to select. radio controls are a bit confusing
    SOME COMMENTS - i like my player, its very solid, and i use it at school and home everyday.
    SUGGESTIONS - bass boost, more reliable battery, notes-reading feature, games
    BATTERY LIFE - initially it lasted around 9-0 hours, now it lasts 6-7 hours. I'm kinda dissapointed, but i hope my warranty will cover it.

TYPE - Zen Micro Capacity - 5 GB DATE - /3/05 PRICE - $249 + tax COUNTRY - US ACCESSORIES - have not bought any yet SOUND QUALITY - Good, but would prefer more bass, probably need better headphones for that USER INTERFACE - Pretty easy but am still getting used to using the touchpad SOME COMMENTS - So far, very much! SUGGESTIONS - A bass boost or something. I like LOTS of bass! BATTERY LIFE - Don't know. Will keep you posted! A bit of confusion transferring songs. It says I have ,000 or so on my computer and it only transferred 500 some. Will need to see what is wrong. This is my first MP3 player so I am new to all this, but from what I can see and have read there is absolutely NO reason to buy an IPOD when this is so much better. I have lots of WMA files, and IPOD can't play them. This has a larger capacity and has radio too, all for the same price as the IPOD mini. So c'mon, why buy an IPOD? Unless you're some diehard APPLE fan or must just have one for the sake of saying you have one.
    EDIT:
    I might add that the earbud headphones that come with it are very uncomfortable, at least if you have small ears. I cannot wear them very long. I am looking to replace them with something else. I bought an IPOD headset, on the recommendation of the salesguy at CompUSA, but found that although they are indeed more comfy, they have no bass whatsoever. The headset that comes with the Micro is actually quite good soundwise, but not comfy, and also, in my ears, unless I shove them in tight, tend to fall out.

Contributor

SPECSTYPE - Muvo Slim w/ FM RadioCapacity - 256mb (243 free)DATE - Nov. 04PRICE - $69CADCOUNTRY - CanadaACCESSORIES - No accs. boughSOUND QUALITY - AWESOME sound. (a little quiet with 3rd party headphones, but not bad)USER INTERFACE - Very well laid out UI. Easy to read/understandSOME COMMENTS - This player ROCKS. I hitchhike a lot, and this goes with me EVERYWHERE. Makes my hitchhiking alot more fun.SUGGESTIONS - (EDIT) Ok, so I lost the cheap foam pads off the original Creative headphones (hate in ear HP's btw) ... so got some cheap ($3) Koss ones. Well ... it was SO cold today, I snapped the Koss headphone putting them away. So I bought some Altec-Lansing headphones. If Creative and AL would join up, or Creative were to erm, copy, A-L with this headphone/microphone idea I'd be happy. Link to the A-L headphones for Jermy here . (I know you'd ask *L*) they go over my ears (nice design), and the mic can be 'tucked' behind my head, so I don't worry about it. The sound is ... well, awesome . The mic only picks up my voice, (and when ear phones NOT plugged in, just Logitec X-220 spkrs) didn't get a SINGLE "sqeak" out of the speakers. If Creative made the headsets like this, (and made the mic work like that) I'd be a Creative Man for life! Allan BATTERY LIFE - Over 2 wks for me. About 2hrs a day. So over 20hrs easily.

Trusted Contributor

TYPE - Zen XtraCapacity - 30GBDATE - Ordered Dec 4 2004PRICE - $80 USDCOUNTRY - USACCESSORIES - None yet, going to get some speakers, an extra battery, and a remote soon.SOUND QUALITY - Awesome. I just use $0 Sony earbuds from bestbuy, or my $0 radio shack headphones, and it's great. IMO much better than the ipod and anything else.USER INTERFACE - Love the scroll wheel, it's easy to use (unlike the ipod's "friendly" wheel...Everything is crammed together and it just doesn't work). I also like the button lock like I had on my walkman. Having to hold the power button in to turn it on and off helps prevent accidental ons/offs (for me at least).SOME COMMENTS - I love my xtra...REALLY easy to use (even if the software is not). A little big, but better than a walkman, and I don't need small.SUGGESTIONS - FM radio, gamesBATTERY LIFE - I'd say about 0-4 hours, I don't have to worry about charging it every night like my fellow ipod owners.

I'd highly recommend the zen xtra... The price is great (it's $200 at buy.com, and I had a $20 coupon. Plus there was a $20 rebate. So 30GB for $60 compared to a 20GB ipod for $300).
    Last edited by KokChoy-XCL-; 10-28-2011 at 03:47 PM.