Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ty Champion - Control Panel Won't Work (Windows 10)

Re: SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ty Champion - Control Panel Won't Work (Windows 10)

So I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional and my audio control panel is not working but this fix did not work for me. Any other suggestions as this used the same base driver as what you guys installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan1usa View Post
    So I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional and my audio control panel is not working but this fix did not work for me. Any other suggestions as this used the same base driver as what you guys installed.
    Hi Leviathan1usa,

Please try the following steps:

Use 7zip or WinRAR to unzip the file XFTI_PCDRV_2_40_0011.exe

Go to folder Driver->Setup.exe

This will open up Creative Driver Update Utility.

Proceed to install the driver this way.

Enable "Overwrite existing shared Creative audio driver files" and proceed.

After installing, reboot the PC and check if the same issue still persists.

Edit:

There is another way of getting the Creative Audio Control Panel to work:

XFI_Titanium_Win10.jpg
    Last edited by HT-CL; 09-17-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by nmcbride View Post
    Disabling hardware updates from Windows Update solved this problem for me. Seems like everytime I installed the Creative software, Windows 10 thought it knew better than me and Creative and reinstalled the driver from Microsoft.

To disable Windows Update driver downloads:

Right click on This PC on the desktop or from File Explorer
    Click on Properties
    Click on System protection
    Choose the Hardware tab
    Click on Device Installation Settings
    Choose Never install driver software from Windows Update
    I left the Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacturer box checked
    Click Save changes
    Click OK
    Close System control panel

Install Creative drivers again.

This is basically the same way I always set up Windows 7 as well. Once I did this, the Creative drivers seem to stick and the Creative Control Panel now works for me.

Good luck!
    TY nmcbride...been stumped since installing win10 on this. Works like a charm.

I solved my problem the following way:

I first installed the drivers that came on the CD-ROM, and only then did I let the auto-updater take me to the latest version.
    In other words: I got this problem because my first move was to rush to Creative's website and download the latest drivers. (This si usually the sensible thing to do, but it brings doom in this particular case).

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Knullbirne; 09-21-2015 at 10:13 PM.
    L

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Leviathan1usa,

Please try the following steps:

Use 7zip or WinRAR to unzip the file XFTI_PCDRV_2_40_0011.exe

Go to folder Driver->Setup.exe

This will open up Creative Driver Update Utility.

Proceed to install the driver this way.

Enable "Overwrite existing shared Creative audio driver files" and proceed.

After installing, reboot the PC and check if the same issue still persists.

Edit:

There is another way of getting the Creative Audio Control Panel to work:

XFI_Titanium_Win10.jpg
    There is no setup.exe in the fodder DRIVER.

I can't get the FP Aux inputs active, there's no software, anymore, that provides EQ functions. Also, additionally, I can't enable/disable any of the jacks on the card, itself. I've got the latest drivers installed, already, that were released yesterday, 23 Sept. I need to be able to activate the FP Aux inputs, for the IKMultimedia Stealthplug for my Stratocaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_soldier View Post
    I can't get the FP Aux inputs active, there's no software, anymore, that provides EQ functions. Also, additionally, I can't enable/disable any of the jacks on the card, itself. I've got the latest drivers installed, already, that were released yesterday, 23 Sept. I need to be able to activate the FP Aux inputs, for the IKMultimedia Stealthplug for my Stratocaster.
    Hi Old_soldier,

Do you want to try to download the Creative Console Launcher here?
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

I installed the software package that came with the card, from the CD. Seems to be working ok, for now, but I know that it wasn't coded with Win 10 in mind. I'm concerned that Win 10 may decide to not allow it to run, flagging it as incompatible software. I still am uncertain if there are newer versions, than what came on the install CD.

Contributor

Is there a way to install a Equalizer and bass boost on win10 for x-fi titanium?

Do i need to buy a new sound card for this or is there a fix comming soon?
    Last edited by Dennis1; 10-31-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1 View Post
    Is there a way to install a Equalizer and bass boost on win10 for x-fi titanium?

Do i need to buy a new sound card for this or is there a fix comming soon?
    Check new driver:
    XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0014
    http://ccfiles.creative.com/manualdn..._2_40_0014.exe