This software/driver pack is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.
Use it at your own risk.
Supports the following Sound Blaster X-Fi cards (based on the CA20Kx DSPs):
- Creative SB X-Fi PCI (all models, except Xtreme Audio)
- Creative SB X-Fi PCI OEM SB077x (Dell, HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu etc)
For X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI, download here.
For X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express download here.
Operating Systems supported (32-bit and 64-bit editions):
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Items that will be installed, depending on the detected card:
- Creative SB X-Fi / SB077x series driver 2.30.0010
- Creative SB X-Fi Titanium series driver 2.40.0012
- ALchemy 1.45.06
- Audio Control Panel 3.01.04
- AutoMode Switcher 1.01.08
- Console Launcher 2.61.58
- DDL and DTS Connect License Activation 2.00.03 (*)
- Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.03.08 (*)
- DTS Connect Pack 1.05.00 (*)
- Remote Control System 5.00.35 (**)
- SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.02
- THX Console 3.50.09
- Volume Panel 2.21.18
(*) Purchase and activation required for all SB X-Fi PCI and SB077x (OEM). More info at http://buy.soundblaster.com.
(**) Only available for SB X-Fi PCI models, except SB0730, SB073A, SB0760 e SB077x OEM.
Does this driver improve sound quality or performance Are there any tweaks ?
No, this driver does not improve sound quality nor increase performance.
No, there are no tweaks.
If someone states that its driver improves sound quality and performance, you are being fooled, cheated.
It is even worse that the so called tweaks come from a person who is not EVEN technically acknowledged, does NOT know anything about Windows internals, software engineering and sound fidelity that all audiophiles always look for.
If you "feel" the sound better, that is the infamous placebo effect and there is no real proof that any tweaks work.
In fact, I have yet to see a driver that states in its release notes that it improves sound quality.
I've disassembled about every single .SYS driver, .DLL libraries and .EXE executables and found nothing.
There are some undocumented registry values, but nothing related to sound quality or performance.
Would the so called tweaks even exist, they would be in my Support Packs, you can bet that.
Fixes and improvements:
- 3.8: Updated X-Fi PCI and X-Fi Titanium PCI-E drivers.
- 3.8: Probably this is the final version ever, unless Creative releases further updates.
- 3.6: Includes official X-Fi PCI drivers: settings are properly saved after restart.
- 3.3 bug fix: Fixed settings not being saved for cards with official Windows 8.1 Support.
- 3.3 bug fix: Apps don't need to be RunAsAdmin anymore on Windows 10, but you still need to shutdown your system for the settings to be saved.
- 3.2 small bug fix: Only for Auzentech X-Fi Prelude and SB X-Fi Titanium OEM HP/Fujitsu cards, OpenAL redistributable was not being updated
- Fixed Windows 10 driver installation issues
- Improved setup script and install process
- Installation is now future proof
- Installation now customizable, select what you want to install.
- Updated applications and shared components.
- New integrated Post Driver Install Helper tweaks the driver without tampering certificate.
- Setup now properly detects multiple devices and aborts if more than one device is found.
- Setup now fully supports multi product installation.
- 64-bit ASIO / OpenAL support for Auzentech Prelude and 64-bit OpenAL support for all other cards (as they already support 64-bit ASIO with their official drivers).
IF WINDOWS 8 / 8.1 / 10 DOES NOT SAVE SETTINGS
Configure all settings and shutdown, hibernate or put your computer to sleep so that your settings will be saved.
This does not work if you disable Fast startup permanently or temporarily (by holding the Shift key while shutting down) or if you disable Hybrid Sleep.
INCLUDED SB X-FI PCI DRIVER WORKS IN UAA MODE
The included driver operates in UAA mode, which works better in hardware configurations based on the NVIDIA nForce chipsets.
MEDIASOURCE DVD-AUDIO PLAYER UNAVAILABLE
To use this feature, use the pack with the WDM driver for SB X-Fi PCI cards.
This feature is available on all SB X-Fi PCI models, except SB0730, SB073A, SB0760 and SB077x OEM.
File size: 88.4 MB
CRC32 hash: 2C405344
SHA- hash: 7D29226D37A7502E1B2A09778803C7989E9E58B5
Mirrors: Google Drive
All files are property of Creative Technology Ltd, unless otherwise noted.