Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problem with old Creative MuVo 128mb mp3 player. It won't pl

Legend

Re: Problem with old Creative MuVo 128mb mp3 player. It won't play?

If it won't recover, and you've followed these instructions to the letter (and tried on a couple of different PCs) unfortunately it sounds like the player is broken

shortbrit,

Did you download and install the NOMAD MuVo driver update version .00.04.250 before running the firmware update? When you press the Play button and plug it to the computer, it's actually locating the driver for recovery mode. If you had install the driver mention above then it should be able to locate the driver automatically. If not, just do a search for the files that Windows requested manually and direct Windows to that folder location.

Jason

ahhhh, I see.

Ok just an update on what i've done so far and as a future reference for other people with the same problem.

Step

You actually need to download 2 files.
    ) NOMAD MuVo driver update version .00.04.250
    2) NOMAD MuVo Audible firmware update version .40.2

Step 2

Install the Driver update WITHOUT ANY MUVO DEVICES CONNECTED. Follow on screen instructions.

Step 3

Once Step is completed, press and keep holding the play button on your player. Whilst still pressing the play button, plug into the usb socket on your computer. keep holding for a further 0 seconds and then release.

Step 4

The instructions say a dialog box appears however this wasn't the case for me. What happenened for me was that a new icon appeared in my tray icon (bottom right of screen) saying it had found new hardware. I clicked on this and the dialog box then appeared.

Step 5

I then followed the on screen instructions.

Step 6

I then installed the Audible Firmware update file. This seemed sucessful.

Step 7

A screen then said my pc would need to be restarted. (My player is still plugged into the USB socket, I'm not sure if this would have made a difference). So I restarted my PC (After closing all windows down)

I have since tried to format my player. Again the same old problem. I can do a quick format but it won't let me do a full format. Also I have put a song on there. Again I am getting a continuous red light when i turn it on.

Is there any hope?

Yeeaahhh!! I've got it working.

I realized where I went wrong in the steps described in my previous message. In step 4 after the dialog box appears and you follow the instructions, you need to restart your PC and THEN run the firmware file. Out of curiousity I plugged my USB player back into my laptop and started the firmware file. It told me that the current firmware version on my player was 0.0 which means I hadn't actually installed it when I thought I had.

So now the correct steps are as follows:

Step
    You actually need to download 2 files.
    ) NOMAD MuVo driver update version .00.04.250
    2) NOMAD MuVo Audible firmware update version .40.2

Step 2
    Install the Driver update WITHOUT ANY MUVO DEVICES CONNECTED. Follow on screen instructions.

Step 3
    Once Step is completed, press and keep holding the play button on your player. Whilst still pressing the play button, plug into the usb socket on your computer. keep holding for a further 0 seconds and then release.

Step 4
    The instructions say a dialog box appears however this wasn't the case for me. What happenened for me was that a new icon appeared in my tray icon (bottom right of screen) saying it had found new hardware. I clicked on this and the dialog box then appeared.

Step 5
    I then followed the on screen instructions. Now disconnect your player (through the safely remove hardware screen) and restart the PC.

Step 6
    Once your PC has rebooted, install the firmware update file. It will tell you your firmware is 0.0. Select format and then start. The firmware update will be installed and your player will be re-formatted at the same time. I would definitely recommend re-formatting your player to really clean your player up and start from scratch.

I also find it is much quicker transferring files from my PC to my player.

Voila your Player should be fixed.

Thanks for all your help guys

Thanks so much shortbrit! I followed your instructions and I was in disbelief when I finally saw the green light again. Hooray!

Eternal gratefulness from a broke student!

Hai Shortbrit,

your tip for upgrading the firmware for the old creative muvo, worked just fine.
    my player was working fine, but until recently got stuck with the same problem of 'red light' on start up.
    I was thinking of throwing the player to dustbin cause its gone too old, but just thought of doing a net search before that.

Cool postings of 2004 helps in 2009, 5 yrs later.

Thanks dude for your tip! it saved my old player.....OLD IS GOLD ;-)

K.Praveen

CRe: Problem with old Creative MuVo 28mb mp3 player. It won't play?This post is *still* being helpful in 200!? I managed to resurrect my MuVo 64mb player (DAP-TD000) following these steps as well!? Yay!

One thing to add, though... I needed to uninstall iTunes from my PC (Win XP) in order to get Windows to be able to proceed with the Player Recovery Device setup. iTunes kept trying to mount the MuVo as some sort of iPod, so it would launch itself and interfere with Windows "finding the new hardware" and installing the Player Recovery Device driver. Once iTunes was gone, I was able to install the driver and run the firmware update without any problems.

As K.Praveen said, old is indeed gold. I'm so glad I don't have to buy another player... this one is simple, but does what I need it to do!

Re: Problem with old Creative MuVo 128mb mp3 player. It won't pl

Recently I found my old nomad muvo in a box and I tried to use it for running instead of wearing my big smartphone, but I found the fix red light problem related here. I did what is writed in this thread and recovered it. One important thing is that I need to do all with a windows xp computer. In my windows 8.1 computer the drivers worked OK, but the firmware can't find the muvo player.

I uploaded the needed files cause it was difficult to me to find them.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._00_04_250.exe
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1_40_12_L4.exe

Maybe it could be useful for someone else in the future.