Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: X7 Issue after latest firmware update.

Re: X7 Issue after latest firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi xolhid,

I will suggest that you stay with the older firmware. There may be a newer firmware released later to fix the issues in the current firmware.
    Hi!
    I have the same problem with my new Sound Blaster X7, it comes with 21.04.15 firmware. After successful update to latest firmware 21.10.16, I forced to set volume to ~90-95% level for comfortable listening, instead of 35-40% level with old firmware.
    And sound seems "equalized" in some way, so I googled this thread and made downgrade to 18.09.15 firmware (btw, thanks for the link). Now everything back to normal, but I'm disappointed a little bit.
    So is this firmware issue, or I must exchange my unit to new one?

P.S. I use AKG K712 Pro headphones (impendance is 62 Ohm), GAIN is set to LOW.

I just wanted to add that I recently bought the X7, and it came with firmware version 20170331(P) installed, however, foolish of me I went and installed the latest available from the homepage because I thought it would resolve some issues I had with the auto updater not installing the software correctly.
    Instead I still have the issue with the updater, and low volume to boot now...
    Has anyone heard of a link to the 2017 firmware I had? I tried google, but it failed me.

Quote Originally Posted by nnifty View Post
    Hi!
    I have the same problem with my new Sound Blaster X7, it comes with 21.04.15 firmware. After successful update to latest firmware 21.10.16, I forced to set volume to ~90-95% level for comfortable listening, instead of 35-40% level with old firmware.
    And sound seems "equalized" in some way, so I googled this thread and made downgrade to 18.09.15 firmware (btw, thanks for the link). Now everything back to normal, but I'm disappointed a little bit.
    So is this firmware issue, or I must exchange my unit to new one?

P.S. I use AKG K712 Pro headphones (impendance is 62 Ohm), GAIN is set to LOW.
    Hi nnifty,

If you are using the optical connection between the PS4 and the Sound Blaster X7, you may want to use the Sound Blaster X7 Control app to check if the volume of "SPDIF-In" is at its maximum.

The setting is found under "Mixer" -> "Playback" -> "SPDIF-In".

Sound Blaster X7_Control_Mixer.jpg
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Update:
    I got a new firmware mailed from creative and everything works as expected now.