Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X7 Issue after latest firmware update.

X7 Issue after latest firmware update.

I purchased my X7 from Newegg along with Sennheiser HD 598 for use as my new gaming headset. I was blown away with the clarity I was able to achieve and able to get better positional queues. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago when I discovered a new firmware update. I was playing Black Ops 3 on my PS4 just fine right before the update "SBX7_PCFW_EN_160202". I followed the instructions and the firmware confirmed that it was installed properly. I turned off the X7 and unplugged it as instructed. After a minute I plugged it back in and powered it back on. I did not make any changes to my settings on my PS4 or my control panel. When I got back into Black Ops 3, I noticed something immediately. My sound was about half as loud as it used to be. I turned the volume up to 100 which I have never done before. My game is unplayable now. I went to my PC and pulled up a video on you tube and almost killed my eardrums as I forgot to lower the volume before hand. I am using toslink optical between the X7 and PS4.

I already tried talking to a live tech support, but it was a complete waste of time as he was unable to help me find or fix the issue. He then told me he would escalate the issue to another tech and they would contact me via email. That was over 2 weeks ago. The same guy contacted me back again today via email and thanked me for my patience. He then asked me if I had tried my device with other toslink devices. He asked me this question before as I told him I do not have any other optical devices in my house and I am not going to waste my money buying one to test this. It wasn't an issue minutes before the firmware update.

I am beyond frustrated and need to find out if this can be fixed or if I need to return my x7.

Re: X7 Issue after latest firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by xolhid View Post
    I purchased my X7 from Newegg along with Sennheiser HD 598 for use as my new gaming headset. I was blown away with the clarity I was able to achieve and able to get better positional queues. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago when I discovered a new firmware update. I was playing Black Ops 3 on my PS4 just fine right before the update "SBX7_PCFW_EN_160202". I followed the instructions and the firmware confirmed that it was installed properly. I turned off the X7 and unplugged it as instructed. After a minute I plugged it back in and powered it back on. I did not make any changes to my settings on my PS4 or my control panel. When I got back into Black Ops 3, I noticed something immediately. My sound was about half as loud as it used to be. I turned the volume up to 100 which I have never done before. My game is unplayable now. I went to my PC and pulled up a video on you tube and almost killed my eardrums as I forgot to lower the volume before hand. I am using toslink optical between the X7 and PS4.

I already tried talking to a live tech support, but it was a complete waste of time as he was unable to help me find or fix the issue. He then told me he would escalate the issue to another tech and they would contact me via email. That was over 2 weeks ago. The same guy contacted me back again today via email and thanked me for my patience. He then asked me if I had tried my device with other toslink devices. He asked me this question before as I told him I do not have any other optical devices in my house and I am not going to waste my money buying one to test this. It wasn't an issue minutes before the firmware update.

I am beyond frustrated and need to find out if this can be fixed or if I need to return my x7.
    Hi xolhid,

Do you want to try to flash the previous version of the firmware and see if it helps?

You can download it here.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

wow. Instant success. Someone needs to talk to the website chat support. I spent over an hour talking to the guy and he didn't even mention this as an option. Basically I felt as though he was suggesting that I had done something wrong or it was an issue with my PS4. You just fixed my issue with 1 suggestion within 11 minutes. Should I stay with the last firmware? or try to update again?

wow. Instant success. Someone needs to talk to the website chat support. I spent over an hour talking to the guy and he didn't even mention this as an option. Basically I felt as though he was suggesting that I had done something wrong or it was an issue with my PS4. You just fixed my issue with 1 suggestion within 11 minutes. Should I stay with the last firmware? or try to update again?
    Hi xolhid,

I will suggest that you stay with the older firmware. There may be a newer firmware released later to fix the issues in the current firmware.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Thanks for this. I had to downgrade also, there is something screwy with the latest firmware. The volume changes between speakers and headphones were no staying separated. I would adjust the volume of my headphones, switch to speakers and would change to what my headphones were set at.

Regular Contributor

What does the new firmware for the X7 do?

Quote Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post
    What does the new firmware for the X7 do?
    Hi jincuteguy,

You can check out this screenshot:

X7 firmware.JPG
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Regular Contributor

Oh that's it? So the X7 still cannot do Headphone Surround for Optical output?

Quote Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post
    Oh that's it? So the X7 still cannot do Headphone Surround for Optical output?
    Hi jincuteguy,

The option "Headphone Surround for Line/Optical Out" is an option to pass the HRTF surround to the Line Out and Optical Out.

The Line Out and Optical outputs of the X7 serves speakers primarily.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi jincuteguy,

The option "Headphone Surround for Line/Optical Out" is an option to pass the HRTF surround to the Line Out and Optical Out.

The Line Out and Optical outputs of the X7 serves speakers primarily.

So the X7 does not Pass HRTF surround to the Optical out?