Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Issue with Soundblaster Omni 5.1 (mic stops working)

Re: Issue with Soundblaster Omni 5.1 (mic stops working)

I have the same problem. Please help me with a solution.
    As a temporary solution helped off USB 3.0, but I would like to turn it back.

Quote Originally Posted by HDPlatinum View Post
    I have the same problem. Please help me with a solution.
    As a temporary solution helped off USB 3.0, but I would like to turn it back.
    Hi HDPlatinum,

The Omni Surround 5.1 works best on a USB 2.0 port. There will be no difference in performance if you connect it to a USB 3.0 port.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Hi,

I'm still having this issue. I've tried the latest firmware, tried it in Skype and Teamspeak.
    The weird thing is my Soundblaster E1 doesn't experience this issue at all and works perfectly with the mic. However, I bought the Omni to leave plugged in to the computer and the E1 is for my phone, so it's not convenient. (It also results in my mic being quieter.)

The ModMic 4.0 which I'm using requires 5V of phantom power -- does the Soundblaster Omni provide that?

Quote Originally Posted by Inquinim View Post
    Hi,

I'm still having this issue. I've tried the latest firmware, tried it in Skype and Teamspeak.
    The weird thing is my Soundblaster E1 doesn't experience this issue at all and works perfectly with the mic. However, I bought the Omni to leave plugged in to the computer and the E1 is for my phone, so it's not convenient. (It also results in my mic being quieter.)

The ModMic 4.0 which I'm using requires 5V of phantom power -- does the Soundblaster Omni provide that?
    Hi Inquinim,

The Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 does not provide phantom power for microphones.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Inquinim,

The Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 does not provide phantom power for microphones.
    I see... thanks.

What about the Soundblaster E1? Does it provide phantom power for the mic?

Quote Originally Posted by Inquinim View Post
    I see... thanks.

What about the Soundblaster E1? Does it provide phantom power for the mic?
    Hi Inquinim,

The Sound Blaster E1 does not provide phantom power to microphones as well.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Hi,

I've recently built a new PC and am running Windows 10 64-bit. I have installed the software for the Soundblaster Omni and it's running the latest firmware.

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue where the ModMic which is connected to the Omni will stop working periodically.

What's strange is that the Soundblaster E1 works perfectly with the ModMic connected -- however it lacks the same mic volume that the Omni has, and doesn't offer any background noise reduction.

I love the Omni and want to keep using it, but this issue is very frustrating.

What could be the cause of this?

Hi,

I hope you can help me because I have the same problem as written in the Thread. I'm using the Sound Blaster Omni with a Sennheiser 350 Headset and sometimes my microfon stops working on teamspeak as decribed in the Thread. I have no idea why this is happening. I updated my Sound Blaster with the newest Driver and Firmware but stil this problem ocurse. I'm using Windows 10.I hope you can help me.

Best regards

Tugux