Thread: Problem with I/O mode at Line-In

Problem with I/O mode at Line-In

Hello!

After some updates of Windows 10 I cannot modify I/O mode, as result my mic doesn't work. In my Audio Console I can't see FlexiJack button, where previusly I could change Line-In from Digital I/O to Analog I/O. I tried to re-install drivers on my system, also tried clear installation, tried to find somebedy with the same problem, but have no result.

The configuration of my hw/sw is:

• Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Ex;
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 with latest updates;
    • current Driver version is 6.10.1.209.

I also checked out, my OS doesn't get drivers from Windows Update.

Could somebody please help me?

Re: Problem with I/O mode at Line-In

I attached some screenshots, illustrating configuration and meaning of my post. So, in screen VolumePanel yoo can see, there's no button to swith mode, screen Mixer shows, theres-no FlexiJack button, screen RecordingDevices shows devices (currently unplugged), it aslo shows, that analog input works only when connected to front panel jack (it really works!).

Previuosly I could use rear jack for my mic, also I used the 5.1 sound system, and all worked properly.

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gastrobiter View Post
    Hello!

After some updates of Windows 10 I cannot modify I/O mode, as result my mic doesn't work. In my Audio Console I can't see FlexiJack button, where previusly I could change Line-In from Digital I/O to Analog I/O. I tried to re-install drivers on my system, also tried clear installation, tried to find somebedy with the same problem, but have no result.

The configuration of my hw/sw is:

• Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Ex;
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 with latest updates;
    • current Driver version is 6.10.1.209.

I also checked out, my OS doesn't get drivers from Windows Update.

Could somebody please help me?
    Hi Gastrobiter,

The X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe has got TOSLINK input and output ports, it does not have a FlexiJack port.

You may be using the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI variant. The driver version you have provided is the driver for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe.

The driver version for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI is 5.10.0.209.

You can download the driver of the X-Fi Xtreme Audio here.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Gastrobiter,

The X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe has got TOSLINK input and output ports, it does not have a FlexiJack port.

You may be using the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI variant. The driver version you have provided is the driver for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe.

The driver version for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI is 5.10.0.209.

You can download the driver of the X-Fi Xtreme Audio here.
    HT-CL, thx for an answer. The driver, you linked, is not compatible with my soudcard, also I can distinguish PCIe from PCE

May be I'm talking about something other? Is it correct that PCIex soundcard does not have rear microphone jack and doesn't support recording speech? Though I guess the case is not in driver version.

HT-CL, thx for an answer. The driver, you linked, is not compatible with my soudcard, also I can distinguish PCIe from PCE

May be I'm talking about something other? Is it correct that PCIex soundcard does not have rear microphone jack and doesn't support recording speech? Though I guess the case is not in driver version.
    Hi Gastrobiter,

After looking at the user guide of the X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe, the FlexiJack is the port with Line-In and Microphone Input without optical output.

You may want to try to remove the front panel connection and see if the rear microphone input reappears.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 10-24-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Thank You, this evening I'll try to do this. I'll post the result.
    Last edited by Gastrobiter; 10-27-2016 at 12:35 AM.

Well, I can say nothing changed I still cannot make my mic work properly. The FP connection is removed, but in Control Panel I see the same as it was before - rear microphone input doesn't appear.

Well, I can say nothing changed I still cannot make my mic work properly. The FP connection is removed, but in Control Panel I see the same as it was before - rear microphone input doesn't appear.
    Hi Gastrobiter,

This is strange. But removing the front panel connection works for the Sound Blaster Z.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi there!

Well, it's been a year since my last answer, but i had a problem until recently. Here I want to share my solution. As I live in Russian Federation, I tried to find software for my X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Ex sound card in my native language. Here's the link to Creative support page, where Windows 10 Software Availability Chart is located: http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowA...spx?sid=126331. A few days ago I tried to download an English version of the same software, and it works! I checked my descision, trying to install the software that was installed earlier, and I can say it is correct.

Anyway, thanks for advices!