Thread: iRoar speaker connection messing up

iRoar speaker connection messing up

I've had my Creative iRoar speaker for a few months, and I've loved it for the most part. But recently, the sound seems to be going in and out. I can't tell if it's the connection, or if the sound is messing up. At first it seemed to be an issue with the Bluetooth connection, so I started using it with the USB cord on my computer - and now that's messing up too. The speaker will abruptly go in and out while playing. I don't think the speakers would be blown out either, I never blast it at the loudest volume or anything. Any troubleshooting recommendations?

Re: iRoar speaker connection messing up

Quote Originally Posted by weketchum View Post
    I've had my Creative iRoar speaker for a few months, and I've loved it for the most part. But recently, the sound seems to be going in and out. I can't tell if it's the connection, or if the sound is messing up. At first it seemed to be an issue with the Bluetooth connection, so I started using it with the USB cord on my computer - and now that's messing up too. The speaker will abruptly go in and out while playing. I don't think the speakers would be blown out either, I never blast it at the loudest volume or anything. Any troubleshooting recommendations?
    Hi weketchum,

You may want to try a hardware reset.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi weketchum,

You may want to try a hardware reset.
    How is that done?

How is that done?
    Hi weketchum,

You can read about how to do a hardware reset on the Creative iRoar here.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

While the reset works to fix it, this issue still repeatedly comes up. Are there any ideas for a permanent fix, as opposed to just having to reset it all the time?

While the reset works to fix it, this issue still repeatedly comes up. Are there any ideas for a permanent fix, as opposed to just having to reset it all the time?
    Hi weketchum,

You may want to try to install the latest firmware to the Creative iRoar. You can do so by installing the Creative iRoar software for the computer and use the software to update the firmware of the speaker.

Before you update the firmware of the speaker, connect the speaker directly to a USB port of the computer instead of connecting to a USB hub.

Installing the firmware while the speaker is connected to a USB hub may cause the firmware update to fail.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL