Thread: X-Fi Elite Pro hangs on Win10 + other stuff

Exclamation X-Fi Elite Pro hangs on Win10 + other stuff

1. My X-Fi Elite Pro (SB0550) constantly hangs the system on Windows 10 x64. Daniel_K's 3.7 drivers are the most stable, meaning that the PC can hang whenever it wants when I play something with EAX and after a random amount of time when I switch modes. With 3.8 drivers and latest official drivers it hangs a few seconds after I switch modes and just whenever it wants, even when the PC is idle. Is it a hardware or a software issue?

2. Can I somehow hook together Elite Pro's I/O box with Auzentech HTHD? Same goes to XtremeGamer Fatality and X-Fi Titanium Fatality, just in case.

3. My X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion's I/O drive doesn't seem to work. No sound through Line-In, the switches don't work, the audio jack works, but the sound is abysmal through there. I've seen a thread about this issue here, can anyone confirm that it doesn't work on Win10 even with Daniel_K's drivers, but works on Win7?
    Last edited by TechNoirMK; 12-05-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Re: X-Fi Elite Pro hangs on Win10 + other stuff

Might as well just bump, since where else can I get any help?

Daniel_K's 4.0 driver pack stopped the hanging, so it's confirmed to be a software issue. EAX/OpenAL games all work without issues.

Trusted Contributor

Good to know
    are you also using the creators update?