Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X-Fi Elite Pro hangs on Win10 + other stuff

Exclamation X-Fi Elite Pro hangs on Win10 + other stuff

1. My X-Fi Elite Pro (SB0550) constantly hangs the system on Windows 10 x64. Daniel_K's 3.7 drivers are the most stable, meaning that the PC can hang whenever it wants when I play something with EAX and after a random amount of time when I switch modes. With 3.8 drivers and latest official drivers it hangs a few seconds after I switch modes and just whenever it wants, even when the PC is idle. Is it a hardware or a software issue?

2. Can I somehow hook together Elite Pro's I/O box with Auzentech HTHD? Same goes to XtremeGamer Fatality and X-Fi Titanium Fatality, just in case.

3. My X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion's I/O drive doesn't seem to work. No sound through Line-In, the switches don't work, the audio jack works, but the sound is abysmal through there. I've seen a thread about this issue here, can anyone confirm that it doesn't work on Win10 even with Daniel_K's drivers, but works on Win7?
    Last edited by TechNoirMK; 12-05-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Re: X-Fi Elite Pro hangs on Win10 + other stuff

Might as well just bump, since where else can I get any help?

Daniel_K's 4.0 driver pack stopped the hanging, so it's confirmed to be a software issue. EAX/OpenAL games all work without issues.

Trusted Contributor

Good to know
    are you also using the creators update?

Sorry for late reply, but yes. Either it's CU or something else, but switching modes now makes the soundcard a ticking time bomb. Staying on Game Mode works nicely, but switch to Entertainment or Audio Creation and the system either hangs immediately or will hang eventually. Or sound will just disappear, which happened once in Game Mode as well. I really hope it's not hardware, playback seems still OK. Will test EAX games later. P.S. foobar2000 complains that it can't play 24/192 w/o resampling, but the Elite Pro specs say it can. Can someone explain?
    Last edited by TechNoirMK; 08-30-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Oh great, now it hangs everytime I play a video on YouTube (not just YT, any video thru browser), while foobar2000, which plays music thru ASIO, is fine and dandy. Reinstalling drivers didn't help. Yeah, I'm done with Win10, it's been more of a headache than anything. Now I wonder if the soundcard will work better or not in Win7.
    Last edited by TechNoirMK; 08-31-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Can confirm that the soundcard is very stable on Win7... but only in Game Mode, switching to other modes still causes the PC to hang itself out of shame. So it IS a hardware issue after all. Maybe I'll repair it, maybe I'll eventually build a WinXP computer and shove the Elite Pro in there when I'll get Titanium HD. Will update if any issues appear, but it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoirMK View Post
    Can confirm that the soundcard is very stable on Win7... but only in Game Mode, switching to other modes still causes the PC to hang itself out of shame. So it IS a hardware issue after all. Maybe I'll repair it, maybe I'll eventually build a WinXP computer and shove the Elite Pro in there when I'll get Titanium HD. Will update if any issues appear, but it's unlikely.
    Hi TechNoirMK,

You may want to try to install the older driver for Windows 7 for the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro to see if the sound card works with all its features.

You can try to download this driver file SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015.exe.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 09-02-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi TechNoirMK,

You may want to try to install the older driver for Windows 7 for the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro to see if the sound card works with all its features.

You can try to download this driver file SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015.exe.
    Nah, still hangs. The funniest thing is - right before installing that driver, the PC did hang once while playing a YouTube video. I gotta repair the card ASAP.

One more thing I should mention - when playing around with foobar2000, particularly with DSP's, I've noticed that Resampler(SoX)mod2 shuts down the soundcard for some reason, making it click like it does during powerup and shutdown; during that time I can change modes as I please, but making it stay at Entertainment Mode or Audio Creation Mode after reboot still hangs the PC. This further confirms that there's a hardware problem.

BTW, do you happen to know the answer to the question #2 at the OP?
    Last edited by TechNoirMK; 09-07-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoirMK View Post
    Nah, still hangs. The funniest thing is - right before installing that driver, the PC did hang once while playing a YouTube video. I gotta repair the card ASAP.

One more thing I should mention - when playing around with foobar2000, particularly with DSP's, I've noticed that Resampler(SoX)mod2 shuts down the soundcard for some reason, making it click like it does during powerup and shutdown; during that time I can change modes as I please, but making it stay at Entertainment Mode or Audio Creation Mode after reboot still hangs the PC. This further confirms that there's a hardware problem.

BTW, do you happen to know the answer to the question #2 at the OP?
    Hi TechNoirMK,

The sound cards that can be connected to the X-Fi Elite Pro I/O Console are:

1. X-Fi Xtreme Music (SB0460/SB0463/SB0464/SB0465)
    2. X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS (SB0466)
    3. X-Fi Elite Pro (SB0550/SB0510/SB055A)

The Auzentech HTHD and the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty are both PCI Express sound cards so they are different from the X-Fi Elite Pro.

The X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro has two model numbers, SB046A / SB0466.

Getting the sound card with model number SB0466 should work with the X-Fi Elite Pro I/O Console.

This article contains a list of Sound Blaster products names and model numbers.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 09-08-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/