Thread: Sound Blaster Z Driver Problem

Sound Blaster Z Driver Problem

Hi, I have SBZ sound card on ASUS X99 motherboard, Windows 10 x64bit.
    My problem is because every 2-3 minutes sound gone on 0.5 secunds, like I hear ciiip.
    I tried all drivers and only with first driver from DVD I got with SBZ work fine.
    Problem is something in new drivers and old first driver no such problem.

Driver 6.0.101.2020 from 02.October 2012.
    That's driver for Windows 7.

What can I do? To update driver through device manager after installation newest Creative driver for Windows 10. Problem is because Windows 10 will constantly update driver on newest.
    First driver work fine

Re: Sound Blaster Z Driver Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post
    Hi, I have SBZ sound card on ASUS X99 motherboard, Windows 10 x64bit.
    My problem is because every 2-3 minutes sound gone on 0.5 secunds, like I hear ciiip.
    I tried all drivers and only with first driver from DVD I got with SBZ work fine.
    Problem is something in new drivers and old first driver no such problem.

Driver 6.0.101.2020 from 02.October 2012.
    That's driver for Windows 7.

What can I do? To update driver through device manager after installation newest Creative driver for Windows 10. Problem is because Windows 10 will constantly update driver on newest.
    First driver work fine
    Hi Vlada011,

I have sent you a private message.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Hi, thanks. I will try with patch next time. I stop Windows 10 to update drivers any way because NVIDIA drivers and after installation Newest Driver for Windows 10 i update on old from Device Manager and problems stop.
    Problem was because Windows constantly want to install new and install new but I Rollback and stop Windows to update drivers. That's possible after some Windows 10 Update.

Thank you problem is resolved.
    I can recommend SBZ to everyone.
    I bought in 2012 and card is still great condition and sound is excellent.
    Soon I will need better speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Vlada011,

I have sent you a private message.
    I may have a similar problem but instead of hearing no sound every 2-3 mins, i hear like a high-pitch scratching sound. I have SBZ sound card on ASUS X99 motherboard, Windows 10 x64bit. The first driver that installs with windows 10 works fine

Quote Originally Posted by e-alromaithi View Post
    I may have a similar problem but instead of hearing no sound every 2-3 mins, i hear like a high-pitch scratching sound. I have SBZ sound card on ASUS X99 motherboard, Windows 10 x64bit. The first driver that installs with windows 10 works fine
    I have sound all the time only sometimes on 5 minutes, sometimes after 15 minutes I hear something I don't know how to describe that...like tearing sound, high pitch on milisecond and than gone. ASUS sabotage Sound Blaster I know that.
    I didn't had that on EVGA Z77 board. Because I never saw in life such confirmed situation that only one hidden driver on DVD completely remove issue while other available online have problem. Except that sound was so great and have nothing with hardware issue, that software could fix.

Later I installed that patch 110200.xx_H10 I got on PM but Driver from SBZ DVD no such problem.

But how to remove patch now...
    I upgraded SBZ to SBZxR. I had excellent offer for SBZxR and after I sold my SBZ upgrade cost me only 70 euro from SBZ to SBZxR. But now I don't know how patch influence on SBZxR and how to remove him or should I live him... I don't know.
    I didn't calm down until I upgrade to SBZxR.

Sound is very important factor for me and I can say only this. It's funny when people think that Onboard sound card could give them nice experience. That's like you talk with someone who is in bathroom or flor beneath you. You hear what he say but how...
    SupremeFX 2014 to SBZ difference is up to 100% better sound.
    You hear some effect not present on SupremeFX.
    And SupremeFX is best Onboard on the planet.
    Difference SBZ to SBZxR is again similar arround 100%...
    Every sound is different and more defined.
    And I talk about some very old speakers but not complete crap. Creative T5900 5.1.
    I clearly recognize difference between all of this sound cards, and SBZ to SBZxR difference is bigger and bigger if you increase volume.
    At the end Onboard Audio vs SBZxR that's like Intel HD Graphic and GTX1080.

I don't like only 2 things.
    1. Audio Control Module not increase Windows volume. That's terrible mistake
    2. Audio Control Module from one side is rubber and other side plastic... Rubber side when you touch end is much finer.
    But I don't use headphones and for me is main board most important. I connect and daughter board but main is reason why I upgrade, I even thought to install only main sound card, but I didn't want to lose Cinematic and Advanced settings in Control Panel.

Now only stay to try one day Sound BlasterX G5 or Sound Blaster X7.

Maybe I will change op-amps on SBZxR soon. Recommendations are Sparkos Labs and I would love to hear that.
    In general if customer is satisfied with sound card than worth to invest more in op-amps.
    I look how people pay 500-1000$ for graphic cards easy and for 3 years she worth 150-300$.
    Sound card work until complete change of physical connectors on motherboard or few new OS.

And now If I need to choose where to spend 1000$ that would not be NVIDIA TITAN X.
    I would rather bought Dali Zensor 5.1 build from Dali Zensor 3 (Left Right Front) Dali Zensor 1 ( Left Right Rear), Dali Zensor Vocal and Dali Zensor E-12F or E-9F Subwoofer. They are sick speakers several years winned in 1000-1500 pounds class and cost 900-950 euro complet. They would retired 10 NVIDIA Titans and still worth at least half price after many years.
    But it's sad that people with multi GPU gaming systems worth few thousands play games on onboard sound cards and 100-200$ speakers systems but change graphic card every season.

Sound BlasterX G5 and X7 are interesting, I never had DAC/sound card/amplifier.
    They are solution for all customers who build small HTPC systems and no x1 PCI-E slot on Mini ITX motherboard example.
    Last edited by Vlada011; 02-07-2017 at 05:56 AM.