Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: *New 2017 D. Kawakami Support Pack 4.0 for X-Fi

Trusted Contributor

Re: *New 2017 D. Kawakami Support Pack 4.0 for X-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanvale View Post
    masseffect 1 has some sound problems... drop sound issues ect,..

probably because X-RAM Automatic Mode (AL_STORAGE _AUTOMATIC) ?

while masseffect runing 0Mb of x-ram aviable while not 61mb
    Other openal games leaving 30-40mb free from 64mb

Replacing ct_oal.dll from older drivers didnt work probably this thing is more deep inside the drivers

there was a lot topics around about this problem
    http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=726283

Since creative not updating their drivers (maybe they still responsible about broken drivers they release last ?), i hope daniel k will fix this issues about openal on next updates

İts looks like more gamespesific than general problem, looks like sound buffers not removing themselfs and they cumulate and exceed 128 hardware sound on xfi limitation and after that new sounds wont play properly...this is probably caused by little code bug or line missing for special cases about buffer removal on X-ram or at system memory

unfortunatly i dont have any knowladge to dig in drivers and find that bug
    Yes, this might be the case. Well, at least it sounds like it, heh. And yes, it also definitely seems game specific. I have Titanium PRO PCIE and I'm experiencing the same issue (some sounds, loops occasionally stop playing, especially ambiance) in Lord of the Rings Online (uses hardware acceleration and EAX through OpenAL, x86). There's an old topic here https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...57#post7524757 - and in this particular post the guy says that drivers beta drivers 2.17.0009 dated nov. or dec. 2012 helped him to get around this issue on his Titanium PCIE. They're some sort of beta drivers right after fixing the infamous BSOD issue but before they've broke the sound.

The only problem is he couldn't (as I see it) force them to install on Windows 10 (even though they're for Windows 7 through 8.1). They work for him only in Windows 7.

Really, it seems it's a minor bug easily fixable by someone who knows these drivers from inside... But alas. Hardware OpenAL's dying. EAX is dead. Titanium and other proper X-Fies with X-RAM are old and forgotten. *sob*.

Is there any way to disable X-RAM? Anyone? Daniel?

Trusted Contributor

Oops
    Last edited by Jeph; 09-23-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: oops, double post

Trusted Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph View Post
    Oops
    Take a look here:
    https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-...-fi-and-openal

I have an Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, but sadly i have a few issues:

Win10 can't save my settings, it resets every time i restart my computer. I'm admin, disabled fast startup/boot, tried to shut down after changing settings, disabling autostarting creative CTxfi files, granting full access and removed read only attributes on Creative and Auzentech folders and files in the Program files and Program files (x86) too, nothing works. I'm out of ideas.

Before this card i had a SB Z and before that an X-Fi XtremeMusic, in the same system, same OS verison, nothing changed and the Xtreme Music card's drivers saved settings without problem.

WASAPI Exclusive (Event) mode doesn't work, foobar2k says: "Unrecoverable playback error: Invalid argument". Same thing with MPC-BE's MPC Audio Renderer, WASAPI Exclusive doesn't work.

I tried previous Support Packs and the latest official driver too (23SEP11, driver version 6.0.01.1285), no luck.

Everything else are working perfectly.

I can live without the WASAPI exclusive renderer, but it's very annoying to configure the settings with every system start.
    Last edited by ssanyesz; 12-27-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Had the same thing happen. Try setting it up and then putting your machine into hibernation. Bring it back and then restart all is saved!

Quote Originally Posted by Elcondor69 View Post
    Had the same thing happen. Try setting it up and then putting your machine into hibernation. Bring it back and then restart all is saved!
    Thank you!! It's working.

Though what i don't understand is why it can't save the settings without hibernation Because i usually don't use it, i don't need it and have no use for it.

1 day later, it's still good
    Last edited by ssanyesz; 12-29-2017 at 01:49 PM.

For xfi xtremegamer fatality pro don