Thread: Issue with new driver ZXR SBZxR_CD_L13_1_01_04

Regular Contributor

Issue with new driver ZXR SBZxR_CD_L13_1_01_04

No one use Headphones here with 600 ohms or at all ? and having issues after restart ?

Every restart I need to go to Creative ZXR or else I can't hear any Center sound , like movies or games and such. I need to go Creative Panel and change something with the headphones or disable/enable SBX and it's back...

It seems like the High Gain settings also doesn't work correctly after restart and I need to re click on it even though it is selected because it still makes TICK that I hear when it switches to higher Ohms means it didn't use the right Gain mode even when it was selected. The setting Always Set to high gain when in Headphones configuration is selected which doesn't help with this driver, but it worked with the older 13.1.01 driver.

Windows 10 x64

EDIT : I triple checked again and I'm sure it doesn't set the High Gain properly and causing issues with the sound when selected. and the fix is to enter SBX Control Panel and click on the High Gain again even when it's already selected. Please fix this ASAP creative...

Also the other bug with the Center sound when using Headphones 5.1 , the center sound can't be heard. only fix is to disable SBX and re enable or switch to Speakers and back to Headphones. Please fix those bugs,, how did they pass WHQL or even QA ?
    Last edited by x7007; 02-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Regular Contributor

Re: Issue with new driver ZXR SBZxR_CD_L13_1_01_04

Does anyone else have the issue ?

Regular Contributor

Creative , please help fix the issue... every restart I need to do the same..

Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    Creative , please help fix the issue... every restart I need to do the same..
    Hi x7007,

You will have to contact Creative support to inform them of the problems you are experiencing.

Meanwhile, you may want to install the older driver first.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Regular Contributor

This is what I sent them : http://uk.creative.com/contactus/technicalassistance

Hi,

Every restart I need to go to Creative ZXR or else I can't hear any Center sound , like movies or games and such. I need to go Creative Panel and change something with the headphones or disable/enable SBX and it's back...

It seems like the High Gain settings also doesn't work correctly after restart and I need to re click on it even though it is selected because it still makes TICK that I hear when it switches to higher Ohms means it didn't use the right Gain mode even when it was selected. The setting Always Set to high gain when in Headphones configuration is selected which doesn't help with this driver, but it worked with the older 13.1.01 driver.

Windows 10 x64

EDIT : I triple checked again and I'm sure it doesn't set the High Gain properly and causing issues with the sound when selected. and the fix is to enter SBX Control Panel and click on the High Gain again even when it's already selected. Please fix this ASAP creative...

Also the other bug with the Center sound when using Headphones 5.1 , the center sound can't be heard. only fix is to disable SBX and re enable or switch to Speakers and back to Headphones. Please fix those bugs.

So 2 things aren't working after restart,
    1. is High Gain is not working even when selected + Always set to high gain when in headphones configuration Selected. the fix is you need to reclick on the HighGain and then I hear the squeak sound when you change gain mode and the volume becomes higher like it should.
    2. Center speaker not work when using normal headphones 2 speakers and in windows it set to 5.1 for SBX mode enabled. I can't hear any voice when watching movie or games . fix is to unselect SBX and select it again fix the issue.