Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creative Megaworks 550THX hissing sounds/stereo only.

Creative Megaworks 550THX hissing sounds/stereo only.

Hi members,

A week ago i bought a new Creative Megaworks 550THX 5.1 speaker set, but the problem is is that i only get stereo sound instead of surround sound. I am using an Auzentech Prelude 7.1 sound card with Windows 10 Pro.

I installed the latest driver from Daniel K's blog, and when i test the speakers in Windows and in the Creative software i get a tone from all the speakers. When i want to play music or watching a film it's not working.

Just stereo sound & 3 hissing speakers. When the subwoofer is on and the speakers are activated without using sound they all have hissing sounds.

I don't know what to do anymore, because i checked almost everything.

Greetz Cyaankali

Re: Creative Megaworks 550THX hissing sounds/stereo only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyaankali View Post
    Hi members,

A week ago i bought a new Creative Megaworks 550THX 5.1 speaker set, but the problem is is that i only get stereo sound instead of surround sound. I am using an Auzentech Prelude 7.1 sound card with Windows 10 Pro.

I installed the latest driver from Daniel K's blog, and when i test the speakers in Windows and in the Creative software i get a tone from all the speakers. When i want to play music or watching a film it's not working.

Just stereo sound & 3 hissing speakers. When the subwoofer is on and the speakers are activated without using sound they all have hissing sounds.

I don't know what to do anymore, because i checked almost everything.

Greetz Cyaankali

Hi Cyaankali,

Did you enable X-Fi CMSS-3D?
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Hi HT-CL,

I enabled X-FI CMSS-3D but it's still the same. Just stereo sound with hissing.

Hi HT-CL,

I enabled X-FI CMSS-3D but it's still the same. Just stereo sound with hissing.
    Hi Cyaankali,

You may want to connect the front left right channel speakers to the rear left right speakers output port of the sound card temporarily and play audio.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Hi HT-CL,

I did that, but it's even worse. What is it with Windows 10 and surround issues.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Cyaankali,

You may want to connect the front left right channel speakers to the rear left right speakers output port of the sound card temporarily and play audio.

Trusted Contributor

Are you sure that the speakers are new? They haven't made the Megaworks in years. Hissing could be a grounding issue. I have the Megaworks and get 5.1 in Windows 10.

Hi davevt31,

They are brand new (overstock), so it's so strange that all speakers have a hissing sound when i am not playing any sounds and no surround sound but only stereo.

I've contacted Creative so hopefully they have any kind of tips.

Quote Originally Posted by davevt31 View Post
    Are you sure that the speakers are new? They haven't made the Megaworks in years. Hissing could be a grounding issue. I have the Megaworks and get 5.1 in Windows 10.

I installed a different sound card (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE), and the problem is still there.

Creative can't help me anymore (logical), so that's the end.

Creative can't help me anymore (logical), so that's the end.
    Hi Cyaankali,

Did you connect the front left right channel output to the front input port of the subwoofer?

According to page 8 of the manual, it states "MegaWorks THX 5.1 550 has moderately high input sensitivity, so it may amplify the hum and hiss inherent in some audio program sources. Any noise is not due to a fault in the speaker system.".

You can look at page 8 of the manual here.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 02-16-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL