Thread: ZxR Driver vs Saitek AmBX Driver and Windows 10 Error

ZxR Driver vs Saitek AmBX Driver and Windows 10 Error

There seems to be an issue between the Sound Blaster drivers/control panel, and either Saitek Gaming lights drivers (AmBX) or Windows 10.

When attempting to open the Sound Blaster Z-Series Control Panel I get the following error"
    "An item with the same key already been added"

Sound continues to play and the control panel is unable to be opened. This in turn now means I cannot switch between speakers and headset.

In order to pinpoint this issue I did a fresh install of Windows 10, then installed the ZxR drivers and Control Panel. Everything works fine. If I attempt to install the AmBx drivers it introduces that error. However - I am unsure if it is a driver issue or if it a combination of Win10 and this driver.

Up until a month or two ago it all worked fine.

What can I do here??

Re: ZxR Driver vs Saitek AmBX Driver and Windows 10 Error

Quote Originally Posted by Logun View Post
    There seems to be an issue between the Sound Blaster drivers/control panel, and either Saitek Gaming lights drivers (AmBX) or Windows 10.

When attempting to open the Sound Blaster Z-Series Control Panel I get the following error"
    "An item with the same key already been added"

Sound continues to play and the control panel is unable to be opened. This in turn now means I cannot switch between speakers and headset.

In order to pinpoint this issue I did a fresh install of Windows 10, then installed the ZxR drivers and Control Panel. Everything works fine. If I attempt to install the AmBx drivers it introduces that error. However - I am unsure if it is a driver issue or if it a combination of Win10 and this driver.

Up until a month or two ago it all worked fine.

What can I do here??
    Hi Logun,

Does the error message appear even when you have closed the software of Saitek Gaming lights?
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/