Thread: SBX Pro Studio Settings For Games

SBX Pro Studio Settings For Games

So, I've been using the Sound Blaster X-FI MB-3. The software suite came bundled with my Gigabyte H170 Gaming-3 Motherboard which has onboard Realtek ALC-1150 HD Audio Codec...
    I'm using 5.1 External Speakers with Analog connection....
    I need some Good Directional Audio & Sound Positioning In FPS Games like Call Of Duty, Battlefield etc....

What is the recommended SBX Pro Studio Settings for Gaming Audio...?
    Some of my friends, who have Creative Sound Blaster Cards, are advising me to turn SBX Pro Studio COMPLETELY OFF! They say that it Reduces audio quality for External Speakers...
    Should I turn it Off or Not...? If ON, then what are the Recommended Settings for FPS Games....

And about the option SBX Pro Surround...
    Is it needed for External 5.1 Speakers or is it meant for Virtual Surround with Headphones Only...?
    Should I leave it On? If On, then what Exact Percentage for CORRECT Positional Audio in FPS Games...?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Joker-2d-Thief; 03-04-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Re: SBX Pro Studio Settings For Games

No Help...? Anybody....?

Trusted Contributor

It is better for games/movies on headphones and music on external speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker-2d-Thief View Post
    So, I've been using the Sound Blaster X-FI MB-3. The software suite came bundled with my Gigabyte H170 Gaming-3 Motherboard which has onboard Realtek ALC-1150 HD Audio Codec...
    I'm using 5.1 External Speakers with Analog connection....
    I need some Good Directional Audio & Sound Positioning In FPS Games like Call Of Duty, Battlefield etc....

What is the recommended SBX Pro Studio Settings for Gaming Audio...?
    Some of my friends, who have Creative Sound Blaster Cards, are advising me to turn SBX Pro Studio COMPLETELY OFF! They say that it Reduces audio quality for External Speakers...
    Should I turn it Off or Not...? If ON, then what are the Recommended Settings for FPS Games....

And about the option SBX Pro Surround...
    Is it needed for External 5.1 Speakers or is it meant for Virtual Surround with Headphones Only...?
    Should I leave it On? If On, then what Exact Percentage for CORRECT Positional Audio in FPS Games...?

Thanks!
    Hi Joker-2d-Thief,

For audio sources that are stereo for example MP3, disabling SBX Surround will output stereo audio to 5.1 channels speakers.

For audio sources that are stereo, the higher the level of SBX Surround, the louder the volume of the rear speakers will be.

You may want to try to set SBX Surround to 60% for first person shooter games.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Thank you guys for the help!