Thread: X-Fi Mode switch always starts in Gamemode

X-Fi Mode switch always starts in Gamemode

Hi there,

I have a Forte 7.1 used with the latest Daniel_K driver package. Version 4.0. Unfortunately the computer always starts in Gamemode not in the last selected mode. Does anyone know how to change that?

Regards, Gino.
    Last edited by ginoam; 03-07-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Re: X-Fi Mode switch always starts in Gamemode

Try to hibernate you PC after changing the mode, there are some drivers that save the settings only after hibernation.

mmh.. My System got a lot of problems with the hibernate mode so I disabled it. Anyway I don't think thats the reason. I use version 4.0 which should not have this problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ginoam View Post
    mmh.. My System got a lot of problems with the hibernate mode so I disabled it. Anyway I don't think thats the reason. I use version 4.0 which should not have this problems.
    Had the exact same issue with both 3.8 and 4.0. Set mode to entertanment and went into Hibernate. Fixed it both times. It forces the config to set in memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcondor69 View Post
    Had the exact same issue with both 3.8 and 4.0. Set mode to entertanment and went into Hibernate. Fixed it both times. It forces the config to set in memory.
    Thank you! It works! Normal "energy save" mode works!