Thread: Audigy Rx Hardware OpenAl on Windows 10

Question Audigy Rx Hardware OpenAL and Windows 10 64Bit

Hello im planing to buy Audigy Rx to use Hardware OpenAl on my windows10 64 bit;

http://asia.creative.com/p/sound-car...ster-audigy-rx

Can Rx owners confirm Hardware OpenAl works under Windows 10 64bit? games with unreal engine 3
    Last edited by Ashanvale; 04-29-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Re: Audigy Rx Hardware OpenAl on Windows 10

noone?

Guru

I'm using an Audigy Rx on 64-bit Windows 10 just fine, using Daniel K's drivers. I would suspect that OpenAL works, but I don't think I've tried it. -dwh

if alchemy works on ds3d games than openal works on hardware can you hear the difference on pozitional audio with alchemy? btw you need to turn off cmss3d to not get fake 3d

Guru

I don't have any titles on my system listed as supported in the ALchemy FAQ. OpenAL shows as being installed. I don't know if any of the few games I do have installed can/do use it. How do I determine? I have a two-channel setup, although positional audio should work with that. -dwh

you can use rightmark http://audio.rightmark.org/products/rm3ds.shtml with alchemy to test it

Guru

Doesn't ALchemy work from a list of games it knows how to "convert." I don't see RightMark 3DSound on that list? -dwh

normally alchemy works on rightmark. anyway i buyed audigy rx but looks like openAL not working on hardware its emulating it software even alcaps shows al device is there. i cannot understad couldnt figure out... did creative completley drop openAl support on Hardware and just doing it on software emulation? with all new drivers?

i write mail to creative now waiting for reply, here what i said;

Hello i buyed Audigy Rx from my local retailer before i buy i contact with creative like this and asked OpenAL Hardware Acceleration is working on Windows 10 64Bit and the answer was yes on supported application but now i can see theres no positional audio OpenAL with supported games its only emulating it on software. panning the sound on headphones only, i have Audigy2 Nx Usb device also when i try with it OpenAL works perfectly with games i can clearly hear the difference positional audio on headphones... ALcaps Viever Shows my OpenAL device with both Audigy2Nx and Audigy Rx but Nx is doing real hardware sound but Rx is just emulating it. did you remove hardware OpenAL support on Internal sound cards? from drivers on Windows 10 ? because i also have X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional and situation was same, then i buyed Audigy Rx and now having the same problem. audigy2nx working well AudigyRx not doing same for OpenAl this indicates problem is on Drivers or something not in system
    Last edited by Ashanvale; 04-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Exclamation Re: Audigy Rx Hardware OpenAl on Windows 10

Today i Tested Thief 3 Deadly Shadow with Alchemy on Audigy RX.. Eax doesnt work also. game manu also not letting me to put a tick on it...if i tick on hardware mix i got no sound...

on Audigy2 Nx its working perfectly.

i figure this on rightmark;

This is Audigy NX;

NX.jpg

And this is Audigy RX;

RX.jpg

you can clearly see Rx is not using ct_oal.dll theres random numbers overthere... its looks like RX is not calling ct_oal.dll to work with its drivers...

Heres ALcap Views Both 32 and 64 bits;

32 Bit;

32Bit.jpg

64 Bit;

64Bit.jpg

And Features both same for NX and RX;

64bit RX.jpg

Drivers I Tryed:

Offical Drivers From creative support: SBA5_PCDRV_L11_3_01_0046

Daniel K. 5.3, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2

For Audigy Nx: Daniel K. 2.7
    Last edited by Ashanvale; Yesterday at 05:27 AM.