Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ZxR - static noise from headphone, no sound

  1. #1

    Unhappy ZxR - static noise from headphone, no sound

    My Soundblaster ZxR is driving me nuts for quiet a long long time. I hope you will have a solution for this.


    First of all i had randomly swapping channels, I could deal with that (2 channels headphones).
    Then I had hard soundbugs when my pc was under workload. Could just be stopped by selecting an other soundmode like 92k and so on till it appears again. After all I decided to buy me a new PC.



    Now:
    I am not be able to hear sound over my headphones, just a static noise appears when i am switching to headphones with the button at the control menu. My headphones is plugged in via 6,35 mm 150 ohm.


    I am just be able to get my headphones working when I have moved my ZxR into another PCI - slot before. After this I have to say the Soundblaster Control Center that my card has moved




    It will work until I restart my PC.


    I have tried out allmost everything now. Not even deactivating the soundcard over the windows systemmanager and activate it brings it back to a normal state.


    Now i found out that there is a very small chance (1 out of 25 restarts) by restarting the pc with different settings and conditions like:
    - deactivated soundcard,
    - moving from 2:1 to directsound and back
    - moving from 5:1 to headphones
    - moving from to xxx to xxx with setting xxx and back


    But if the static noise appear just a restart could bring it back when you have done some magic before. Did not find out the magic key yet. Like I mentioned before moving to another PCI slot fixed it till a restart. But this could not be a serious fix...


    Do you have any idea, or a solution for this problem?




    Windows 10 - Version 1703
    Ryzen 8 core
    X370 - chipset

  2. #2
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    933

    Re: ZxR - static noise from headphone, no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow View Post
    My Soundblaster ZxR is driving me nuts for quiet a long long time. I hope you will have a solution for this.


    First of all i had randomly swapping channels, I could deal with that (2 channels headphones).
    Then I had hard soundbugs when my pc was under workload. Could just be stopped by selecting an other soundmode like 92k and so on till it appears again. After all I decided to buy me a new PC.



    Now:
    I am not be able to hear sound over my headphones, just a static noise appears when i am switching to headphones with the button at the control menu. My headphones is plugged in via 6,35 mm 150 ohm.


    I am just be able to get my headphones working when I have moved my ZxR into another PCI - slot before. After this I have to say the Soundblaster Control Center that my card has moved




    It will work until I restart my PC.


    I have tried out allmost everything now. Not even deactivating the soundcard over the windows systemmanager and activate it brings it back to a normal state.


    Now i found out that there is a very small chance (1 out of 25 restarts) by restarting the pc with different settings and conditions like:
    - deactivated soundcard,
    - moving from 2:1 to directsound and back
    - moving from 5:1 to headphones
    - moving from to xxx to xxx with setting xxx and back


    But if the static noise appear just a restart could bring it back when you have done some magic before. Did not find out the magic key yet. Like I mentioned before moving to another PCI slot fixed it till a restart. But this could not be a serious fix...


    Do you have any idea, or a solution for this problem?




    Windows 10 - Version 1703
    Ryzen 8 core
    X370 - chipset
    Hi Cow,


    A user in the forums has a workaround to reduce or remove the channel swap problem on his Sound Blaster ZxR.


    According to him, we will have to select one timer for Windows instead of allowing Windows to decide on which timer to use.


    This is the post.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  3. #3

    Re: ZxR - static noise from headphone, no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Cow,


    A user in the forums has a workaround to reduce or remove the channel swap problem on his Sound Blaster ZxR.


    According to him, we will have to select one timer for Windows instead of allowing Windows to decide on which timer to use.


    This is the post.

    Hey HT-CL,

    Thank you for the reply. Since i have my new PC - platform the channel swap isn't my main problem, and i did not noticed it when i was able to get the card working with my headphones.

    Atm I am using my onboard sound chip with speakers cause I am not able to get my headphones working with the ZxR - Just with much time and effort. I guess its again a driver related issue.

    Do you have an idea for the problem?


  4. #4
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    933

    Re: ZxR - static noise from headphone, no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow View Post
    Hey HT-CL,

    Thank you for the reply. Since i have my new PC - platform the channel swap isn't my main problem, and i did not noticed it when i was able to get the card working with my headphones.

    Atm I am using my onboard sound chip with speakers cause I am not able to get my headphones working with the ZxR - Just with much time and effort. I guess its again a driver related issue.

    Do you have an idea for the problem?

    Hi Cow,

    You may want to give the suggestions by the other forums user a try as the static noise from headphones output and channel swap may be caused by the timer.

    For troubleshooting and driver feedbacks, you may want to contact Creative support here.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •